What's new

24 : 4/23/02 (1 Viewer)

Quincy

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think Nina could be the mole, I mean Jack shot her 3 times in the chest about 12 hours earlier. If he hadn't have put the flack jacket on her she would have been killed.

Kevin Fox

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kevin
Quincy,

That was my first thought, too. But then I remembered: Jack shot Nina under orders from Gaines, who certainly wouldn't have known Nina is possibly a mole for the Drazen clan. The only mole Gaines knew about was his. So it's still possible Nina is a mole.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
If you have a conscience, you give up your hostage
i was thinking of the situation from a purely logical perspective; wouldn't Lou Diamond Phillips' ~best~ chance at survival be if Keifer kept his gun on Hopper? perhaps the Drazen son was counting on said conscience. interesting "prisoner's dilemna" type of situation. although with Jack being a head of a counter-terrorist organization, you'd think he'd be most adept to maiking these types of situations.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
Sorry...this show began as a fresh and suspense filled mystery with a ticking clock; but, now it has become tedious and repetetive to the point of extreme annoyance.
Hopper's accent is laughable, chick prison movies went out in the '70's, someone needs to tell the writers that capturing and recapturing people gets old...fast, I can't tell who's more stupid - CTU or the Drazen's, and finally - does anyone even care if Palmer gets scratched? This guy is a wet noodle. I sure wouldn't want him in the White House and I definitely could use less of him in the show...his storyline is drop-dead boring.
I'm glad it's wrapping up. I hope they bring Mandy back and she whacks everyone but Nina (her secret lover). BAM! :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think Jack could ever shoot Drazen in cold blood in retaliation for them shooting the other hostage. Drazen's still worth more to Jack alive because if he kills Drazen, Jack is instantly killed, and the Drazen gang runs to operate as terrorists another day. By keeping Drazen alive, he strings out the timeline, allowing CTU to get men in place to capture all of the Drazen gang.

Jack thought he was saving the other hostage when he let Drazen go, and he knew he had his ace in the hole (the whereabouts of Alexis Drazen) to play to stay alive himself. Jack miscalculated only in that Drazen's family/network are immoral men, who'll shoot anyone in their way.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Jack miscalculated only in that Drazen's family/network are immoral men, who'll shoot anyone in their way.
And the fact that they've already blown up an airliner full of people, killed Kim's friend, kidnapped and nearly killed his wife and daughter didn't clue Jack in just a wee bit?!? I'm sorry, but the behavior of the characters on this show is rapidly devolving into breathtaking stupidity. Too bad -- I'd put a lot of faith in this show over this season, based on the interesting premise and the initial promise of the early episodes. Guess I'll be just going back to my DVD collection....

Mike Graham

Supporting Actor
Although this episode wasn't the best of the season, it was still very entertaining by taking steps towards the finale. Truthfully, I believe they should have let Kim and Teri spend the remainder of the season in CTU; I thought the Drazen caravan had accidentally slammed into Kim's police cruiser while driving off from the sewer!;)
During the course of the episode, I think the most tense moment was when the clerk was rubbing Palmer's shoulders - I could've sworn the wife was going to walk in at that instant!
Poor Dennis Hopper, while his facial expressions are more then adequate for the character, his accent should be more subtle like his sons'.
I was glad to see that the underground-prison warden wasn't turned into some mole; too many moles makes for unbelievability.
Even though the quality of the show has dropped since February, I know anyone who's posted regularly for these discussions will be tuning in for the last 3 hours; perhaps the finale will be of even lesser quality, but I hope that isn't how the series' first season is remembered . Instead, I hope fans remember the incredible tension when Jack was under Gaines' control, assisting the photographer's double with the hit on Palmer.
Whew, the next two weeks are going to be very, very long indeed.

OliverT

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree with the people who are saying that 24 has become an exercise in stupidity.

It was only a few episodes ago that I thought this show was the best on TV. Sad.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
when this series first started out i thought it could be smart like "The Fugitive" (Tommy Lee Jones version) or maybe a Clancy movie, but it's just turned out to be your average prime time show with the real-time hook.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
So who's the other mole at CTU? Let's round up the usual suspects (and please forgive my memory for names):
Nina: Could be. As mentioned above, Ira Gaines most probably would not have been aware of whoever recruited whatsherface.
Tony: No chance after the rescue, and his unmasking of the mole.
Xander Berkley's character, (Jack's boss): unlikely. He had more than enough opportunity to inform Drazen's people about Jack's presence at the prison - and he could have ordered Jack away.
Shappell (sp?) (CTU over-boss): possible. Not only was he missing for a long while this ep (a meeting? ha), but he's been the most obstructive to Jack's investigation. He also has the rank to know about Hopper's status and whereabouts (unlike, say, Nina).
The other tech guy, whatshisname: wild card. Unlikely, as he wouldn't have been the one to recruit whatsherface. However, he could have hacked the files to determine Hopper's whereabouts.
Jack's colleague, the one who gave him the keycard, the one who said to trust whatsherface the mole. Supposedly shot dead. Nina may not have been the only one with a flack jacket. However, why then bother with giving Jack the keycard? Misinformation? Seems too contrived.
Conclusion: Nina would make a convenient mole (for the sake of a happy resolution for Jack/Teri), but I suspect she's a more likely candidate to die to save Jack in ep 24. More likely is Shappell, someone with knowledge about Hopper. Would he have known about Jack's daughter's movements to CTU? The phonecall would have been made to someone in Jack's office, which he could have monitored. Afterall, if whoever answered the phonecall from the police station was the mole, it is unlikely they'd have told Tony she'd been found.
Whoever I've left out is whodunnit. ;)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
I just watched it. And I am glad to see by the prior posts that I am not the only one who is thinking this show is going down hill fast. This episode was a complete waste of time. Who do I see about getting a refund on wasting one hour of my life?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The show became popular, so Fox execs stepped in and screwed it up. Thats the best explanation I have for the degradation in quality over the episodes.

I think that they should kill off a few people near the end. The terrorists' 24 hour revenge time fram (the 1 year anniversary thing and all) is dwindling fast, so they could just get desperate and start killing anyone in their path.

Who else wants to see a 2 hour commercial-less finale?

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Regarding the program's recent slide in quality, it's my understanding that Fox initially ordered just 13 eps of the series, before later giving the full season the go-ahead. I recall reading on Yahoo's Variety headlines some months ago that the series wasn't fully written prior to the full-season order. Can you say "Duh?!?" If ever there was a series that required a full season's stack of scripts prior to shooting...

"Great plan, Bart..."

Cheers!

DS.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Well Dave that would explain the recent suckfest. I wonder what they got planned for the last episode? I know, I know it was all a dream.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
if the Drazen's went to all the trouble to get Bauer's family, why not kidnap Palmer's family too? i suppose the security is much tighter, but then they've already brought down a plane and kidnapped the head of the COUNTER TERRORIST UNIT's family. and they've obiviously acknowledged the heat from eventually killing a senator. Palmer's kids seem to move around pretty easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks