What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

2022-2024 Blu-ray, 4K Projects? (1 Viewer)

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Somehow, I expected Rollerball to show up on 4K/UHD.
It already had. Capelight released a UHD of it in Germany two years ago.

The other three are a treat, though. I rather expected Piranha to eventually show up on UHD after Shout/Scream released Alligator in the format (I'm wondering now when they'll get around to a UHD of Battle Beyond the Stars). I'm really looking forward to seeing how The Company of Wolves turns out.

Last edited:
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
What are the chances of Scrooge (1971) coming out on 4k this Christmas? Or the 1951 version with Allister Sim?

--jthree

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What are the chances of Scrooge (1971) coming out on 4k this Christmas? Or the 1951 version with Allister Sim?

--jthree

Always a chance. I mean, the Allister Sim version seems to have a new SKU every holiday season, so sure, it could happen.

Less optimistic for SCROOGE this year. I think it will eventually come out --- and I have already gotten word to Paramount to be aware of the Overture omission on the BD release. However, as someone pointed out here, there is skepticism that the film would look any better on 4k.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Always a chance. I mean, the Allister Sim version seems to have a new SKU every holiday season, so sure, it could happen.

Less optimistic for SCROOGE this year. I think it will eventually come out --- and I have already gotten word to Paramount to be aware of the Overture omission on the BD release. However, as someone pointed out here, there is skepticism that the film would look any better on 4k.
Forgive my ignorance, but what does SKU stand for? Used to know what it meant, but I can't place it now.

--jthree

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Forgive my ignorance, but what does SKU stand for? Used to know what it meant, but I can't place it now.

--jthree

It means STOCK KEEPING UNIT. In the case of Blu-ray/4k, every time a new title is released it has its own unique SKU.

So, what I was essentially saying is that it seems every year a new version of A CHRISTMAS CAROL with Allister Sim gets released whether it's the same transfer or not. New packaging. New SKU.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt

The Kill Bill films are my least favorite of Quentin’s, but I’ll probably end up getting them (I plan to have as many of his films in UHD as possible). Really would like to see Jackie Brown get released- I think the current BluRay leaves something to be desired.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
A Christmas Story 4k:

(Already announced on HTF)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Holiday Inn 4k is coming on 11/1
I must say I'm a little disappointed that Holiday Inn 4K is coming out before White Christmas, but nevertheless am so happy to be able to add one more classic 4K title to the enormous flood of 4K releases we are getting by year's end. My iTunes version is an orphaned listing so it may not get a free upgrade, but I'll gladly repurchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Elf, The Polar Express and National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
It appears those three 4K releases won't have any digital codes attached to them based on early cover art. However, the upcoming 4K release of A Christmas Story does have a digital code on the cover art.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I must say I'm a little disappointed that Holiday Inn 4K is coming out before White Christmas, but nevertheless am so happy to be able to add one more classic 4K title to the enormous flood of 4K releases we are getting by year's end. My iTunes version is an orphaned listing so it may not get a free upgrade, but I'll gladly repurchase.
I wish White Christmas was available as well, but the reality is that 2022 is the 80th anniversary for Holiday Inn, and White Christmas is likely being held back for its 70th anniversary in 2024. I would be surprised to see it happen earlier unless its been licensed out. I know Kino doesn't have it in their current Paramount deal, because I asked about it and several other titles from the 1950s I thought were high-profile on the other forum, and the Insider shot most of them down as not being big enough for Kino on UHD (and the one they would have liked to do wasn't available).

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
It appears those three 4K releases won't have any digital codes attached to them based on early cover art. However, the upcoming 4K release of A Christmas Story does have a digital code on the cover art.

I would think they would all have digital codes?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I hope we don't have to wait until 2024 for White Christmas. Given that this was the first film to be released in VistaVision, it would mean waiting even longer for other VistaVision titles.
Not necessarily as other VistaVision films have already been released on 4K disc.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Not necessarily as other VistaVision films have already been released on 4K disc.
I think Keith’s joke was meant to imply that it would be ridiculous if we had to wait for the 70th anniversary for every release! Just release the movies when the work is done and to hell with the damn-fool anniversaries. :rolleyes:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I think Keith’s joke was meant to imply that it would be ridiculous if we had to wait for the 70th anniversary for every release! Just release the movies when the work is done and to hell with the damn-fool anniversaries. :rolleyes:
Was that a joke? If so it flew over my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks