What's new

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I watched the 4K disc last night up to the intermission. As usual, it was terrific and a visual feast. As I’m watching on a larger screen, I noticed some movement in the windows of the Aries shuttle as it lands on the moon.

One thing I paid more attention to was how the camera focuses on the hands of the pilots. Kubrick may have been trying to emphasize how man was continuing to learn to use and rely on tools he creates. Of course, HAL is the ultimate tool. I had not really realized that Dave was concerned about what would happen if HAL was disconnected. I guess I was distracted by the visuals as HAL is watching Dave and Frank.

I forgot to mention, I was reading a thread on a prop building forum, there was some guys making replica food trays used on Discovery and the Aries. There was mention the film has a focus on man eating food. How he went from eating plants to killing animals and reaching the point of processed foods. I had not considered that aspect before. :)

Last edited:

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
View attachment 218897

View attachment 218898

Forgive me looking so disheveled - my twins were very little when this event happened so I was not getting much sleep. This might’ve been the first time I got to go out to do a solo thing after they were born. And then the pandemic happened a couple weeks later so this was basically my last trip out into the world for fun for a couple years.
No man looks disheveled when experiencing moments of great happiness. Nice capture, there, Josh. :thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aegisav
Recent bookmarks