What's new

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (1954) Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
And how can they "correct" grain if I may ask?The detail is in the grain!If you "correct" grain, you lose detail! i personally love grain and i think it makes a film alive.That's why I can't watch recent films, because the digital clear look, seems to me very cheap.. And I can't understand I'm watching a film, but a cheap TV show.
Well fair enough, that's a view. In the days of printing, the print stock "corrected" the grain. The original negative stock was designed to be printed from, & the print stock & original negative work together. The negative is very flat, the print has a lot of contrast, put them together & it all works. I've had a little grain watch on a few very good Blu's, & wasn't really aware of any grain unless I got close-up to the screen & looked for it, the same as in the old days in the cinema in fact. As soon as you scan a negative in HD, you're using that negative in a way it was never designed for, & you get both good & bad. The good, amazing detail, & the bad, grain you were never aware of before. I think most of the time they manage it all very well now, & there's not many Blu's released looking like Patton & The Longest Day these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks