What's new

2-way remote with Sony 4ES? (1 Viewer)

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
Has anyone used a 2-way remote with the new Sony STR-DA4ES receiver? It has 2-way capability, but comes with a one-way remote (in the U.S. and Canada anyway).

I have a RM-TP504, which is the touchscreen remote that came with the STR-DA555ES and is the last of the Sony touchscreens until the one that comes with the 7ES (the RM-TP1). The two receivers (555 & 4ES) have very silimar functionality, except for a few differences, such as the addition of DPLII/Neo:6 and a few soundfields (e.g. Digital Concert Hall A/B) on the 4ES. I would assume the remote would would fine except for direct access to these features (I can learn the signals from the 4ES' original remote for those). Has anyone tried it?

If you have had success (or failure) with a 2-way remote and the 4ES, please let me know what model remote, and what issues you've encountered. Thanks!

Ted Ross

Second Unit
I remember when I had my db930 I bought, on ebay, one of the touchscreen sony remotes that came with the ES recievers of that time(777es)-some of the 2 way features worked(radio stations) some didnt. You might have better luck trying the 2way that came with the da5es

AaronBatiuk

Second Unit
No doubt the remote from the 5ES would work better.

Does anyone know the exact model number of the 5ES 2-way remote?

Maybe I will make a trek down to the Sony Store with my remote and give it a try just to see how well it works with the 4ES. The main thing that I want is disc and track titles to be displayed on the remote when playing CDs and MDs, and to be able to choose a disc from the changer by name using the remote. I know that those features will work. All of the CD's in my 400 disc changer have CD-text - I made a copy of every one of them using my computer, and burned CD-text information onto them. Because my system is at the back of the room, I can't see the displays when listening to music or watching movies, so the 2-way remote is ideal for me (despite it's limitations and quirks which are well-known).

Ted Ross

Second Unit
main thing that I want is disc and track titles to be displayed on the remote when playing CDs and MDs, and to be able to choose a disc from the changer by name using the remote.

I used to have the da5es & a sony megachanger & that was my favorite feature & + it was relatively easy to do with the da5es remote rather than doing it with the sony touchscreen.

I got the remote model # off of crutchfield's site:

RM-LJ305

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks