What's new

1950's Science Fiction on Blu Ray (1 Viewer)

WayneAA

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Aubrey
Hello.
According to the Blu-Ray Forum, "This Island Earth" is being released on BD in October (Region B). Is there any news regarding Howard Hawks "The Thing From Another World" (1951) and William Cameron Menzies' "Invaders From Mars" (1953)? I understand the latter is possibly being restored but still heard nothing about "The Thing".
Anyone have any news?
Thank you :)

WayneAA

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Aubrey
Yes, those too please! I am fortunate to have many of my favourite Science Fiction films on DVD and some on BD...but not enough of them. 2 more are on their way to me at the moment; "Them!" and "Village of the Damned" and I'm always looking for more.

Interdimensional

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ed
which label is releasing This Island Earth?

The hope is that the Region A release is with Kino. I'd like to see it released with the original Perspecta stereo included. Not a well-regarded system, sort of a false stereo but I have heard it was used to very good effect in the original release.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looking forward to all these potential releases.

This thread should be in the Blu Ray forum by the way.

WayneAA

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Aubrey
Scheduled for release on October 3rd here in Australia by "Cinema Cult" and Region B...but it may in fact, not be locked anyway. My guess is that they are using the German market BD from 2016. Cinema Cult discs have few if any features but the picture quality is typically good.
My bet is Universal will give it a proper release eventually; but this one will do until then.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks