What's new
World Wide Stereo

10' X 12' HT Room (1 Viewer)

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I have a spare bedroom that is 10' x 12'. I was thinking about turning it into a theater room for just movies and games. Does anybody have a room this size, or is it to small to create a HT?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
It's not too small, you just need to use a smaller screen. Are you thinking TV or projector? What will your seating distance be?

C&K

Agent
Real Name
Chris
This is my room size, although my HT isn't complete. Seating will be along the short wall so I can get a full 12' of distance between the seating and the projector. I don't think I could get more than 1 row of seating. It looks great from that distance but I'm only using a 70" screen. I've got a 480 projector.

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I also plan to use the short wall to put the couch. I tried a pair of 3-way floor speakers but they were way too loud, so i plan to use either a smaller set of floor speakers such as infinity primus 250 or polk monitor 50's, something with 2 drivers and a tweeter. I was thinking of a 42-50" screen, but 70", thats not too big? I thought 42-50" would fill it fine, but maybe I was wrong.

C&K

Agent
Real Name
Chris
My screen is along the short wall, the 10' wall, with a door next to it.

If this helps here is how my setup is (going to) look.

projector mislabeled, the red square above the sofa is the projector

Let me know what sound system you end up with and how it sounds. I'm looking at HTIBs around the 200watt range. In such a small room I don't think I need more than that.

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
i got some equipment hooked up, and the small space is great for getting bass, i put my sony dual 10" sub in the room and it really creates an experience, i can feel the bass in my chest. The only problem is, there is a slight echo. Can anyone point me in the direction of some low cost DIY options to help with the echo.

Thanks

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
room size is small but OK

Mine is 8' x 16' - moving towards a 50" display

What kind of flooring do you have? if it is tile or hardwood, then put some rugs down

Or put some fabric on the walls

djsHTnut

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
I have carpeted floors. The walls have nothing on them. I was going to try to hang some blankets and see how it sounds, and then make some nice things to put on the wall. I am not sure which places to hang them though.

C&K

Agent
Real Name
Chris
What about decorative tapestries? You could buy some fancy fabric and just hang them up on hooks around the room.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks