What's new

10" for $300 or under with good SQ, can it be done? (1 Viewer)

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, i live in an apartment. I'm in college. I can't have a loud sub, and i can't afford much. I want a 10" becuase i think that at the volume levels i will have it, a 12" would be a waste of money. I currently am running Paradigm Titans for my fronts. It's not a big room. Can i build a sub with amp that will match well with my Titans, sound good, and not break the bank?

Oh great DIYers, can it be done !?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I think you'd be better off just going with the 12" Shiva and the PE 250W plate amp in a sealed enclosure. Any 10" driver worth having will cost about as much as the Shiva unless you go with some of the fairly cheap Lambda stuff. I do have a couple of Shivas in stock if you're interested. Since you're somewhere in Atlanta you could drive out here and save yourself some cash not having to deal with shipping.

Just let me know.

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
hey man, only two people have told me to turn my tempest down, granted i was pushing 120db and the heaters were shaking upstairs. but you know what i see my tempest as a sub that i am not just going to use at college but i am going to have this for the rest of my life, so why not go big, my only regreat is that i just got one tempest :D

TimForman

Supporting Actor
A good 10" driver would probably cost more than a Shiva. For example, Dayton Titanic MKII = $140;Adire Shiva MKIII = $125. Just keep the volume down ;)

Dave Crigna

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Brian, a 12" shiva sealed with the pe 250w plate amp will be a killer combo that will match very well with your titans. For the money you will be hard to find better. Plus you will not have to upgrade later when you are out of the apartment and want more bass. And if the sealed shiva down the line is not enough for you, you can then go ported for even more output.

TonyE

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, so i'm getting more votes for the 12" Shiva. I'll of course welcome anymore recommendations, either 12" or 10".

So my first question is, what's a good amp for the Shiva? Brian is recommending me the PE 250W, any other recommendations for an amp?

By the way Brian, if you are out in Loganville, that's pretty close to my home town. I might drop you an email...

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
12" so if you ever do move, you still have a good sub. Shiva is not bad but there are many others as well.

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
if you want to spend a little more cash look at teh av12 from styke. it is 25 more but well worth it. i have the av15 and it kicks butt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks