Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

X box Square Soft

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor

• 926 posts

Posted July 26 2001 - 03:51 PM

I was just wondering if the Xbox had a deal with Square Soft at all? Will they get the Final Fantasy series at all?

#2 of 3 Sean Oneil

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted July 26 2001 - 05:22 PM

There is strong speculation that the X-box may get FF XI.

Beyond that ...who knows. Depends on how well the X0Box sells, and more importantly, how much Mr. Gates is willing to pay them and how big of a cut of the profits Microsoft is willing to give Squaresoft. After seeing FF X sell 2 million copies in 4 days, I think Gates should pay Square ANY amount to get them to release the game on the X-box.

(Hint: Make every artist, designer, musician, and all other FF creative team members a millionaire, that should convince them to make the game)

Personally I am more looking forward to Skies of Arcadia X.

Should be sweet. Anyone who has ever played SOA on the Dreamcast will tell you that it was a really special game.

Just do away with the random encounters.

#3 of 3 Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,101 posts

Posted July 27 2001 - 09:01 AM

I read that Squaresoft announced FFX, XI, and XII for PS2, and XI for PC, but they are leaving the option for XI on XB or GC. I think whoever has their online plans ready and sells more systems is probably going to get it, if they both don't.