What's new
Real Name
steven alejandro
Also features Commentary from David Del Valle and David DeCoteau who did great commentary for the 1961 version of Backstreet also a Kino Release

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
As a kid in elementary school, I remember being fascinated by the movie posters of this and "Walk On The Wild Side" for some strange reason ? I remember going when I was in Jr. High to a double feature in the mid 60s seeing both films at the same time. I fell in love with both Capucine, Carroll Baker, and Martha Hyer. As a kid I found the films fascinating and still love them both to this very day. I have the DVDs of both but need to get the Blu Rays. I also loved Robbins, "The Adventurers" wonder if Kino has plans to release this in the near future. By the way I still have all three soundtracks on vinyl. Although "WOTWS" soundtrack is missing Brook Benton's Oscar nominated Best Song on it. Very strange, too bad "Carpetbaggers" didn't have a great vocal, by say Peggy Lee, Eartha Kitt, or evn Dinah Washington.......

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
It was Alan Ladd's last film, he looked old & tired & not very well, but he was only 50 when he died. Those old stars packed in a lot of living & drinking then, & if they didn't die old, they certainly looked it.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
Always thought Martha Hyer and Carroll Baker lwere to similar. A different actress in the Jennie Denton role.... Maybe Joan Collins, Suzanne Pleshette, or Ann Margret.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
I think the similarity was intentional because it fit a plot point.
Didn't realize that Robert thanks for the clarification. As well as I remember Jennie had a bigger role in the book. The part was much smaller in the film.......I remember Martha Hyer in "Ice Palace" loved her.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks