Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Ewoks & Droids on DVD .......

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 of 31 OFFLINE   oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Lead Actor

• 7,632 posts

Posted June 26 2002 - 11:21 PM

straight from the Official Site

http://www.starwars.....c20020626.html

sounds cool indeed.
Posted Image
Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#2 of 31 OFFLINE   Brian_Anderson

Brian_Anderson

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 12:34 AM

Those Ewok movies had some of the worst acting possible in movies. Bar none. But dammit if I didn't watch them all the time when I was a kid. That being said, I'd probably pick them up.
My DVD Collection

On the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy. - Kevin Flynn

#3 of 31 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 01:36 AM

Cool news! Posted Image Thanks for passing it on!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 31 OFFLINE   Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit

• 344 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 04:44 AM

The site hasn't announced anything! It just says the films will be considered sometime after Episode III. I wouldn't call that news.

#5 of 31 OFFLINE   streeter

streeter

Screenwriter

• 1,391 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 04:52 AM

This makes me very happy! This is definitely news. The answer could have been 'no' as it is for the SW Holiday Special. So I'm glad that we'll eventually see these.

I hope they'll include 'the making of the ewok adventure' on the DVD. It was made by the kids in the movie.
Also, George Lucas wrote the first Ewok movie and even DIRECTED part of it. See www.ericwalker.net for a lot of cool stuff from that movie.
Nothing Lost Forever: The Films of Tom Schiller
"I'll tell you why... 'cause I'm a dancer."

home page / dvds

#6 of 31 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 05:39 AM

Quote:
The site hasn't announced anything! It just says the films will be considered sometime after Episode III. I wouldn't call that news.

Depends on your point-of-view. Many folks out there will call it news. "Good" news that it's being thought of at all. "Bad" news in that, like the original trilogy, everything must be on hold until after George and Rick finish paying attention to one particular film, and can't trust anybody to delegate this to.

If you don't consider it news, that's cool. The world's made up of different people, after all.
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#7 of 31 OFFLINE   Brenton

Brenton

Screenwriter

• 1,169 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 08:56 AM

I would love to have these movies on DVD. As corny as they are (and as bad as the stop-motion is), they're great films with a lot of heart, and I watched the first one (taped off the Disney Channel) plenty when I was a kid (never owned the second).

Hey, anyone notice that the puppet-creature in the tree that bites Mace's arm bears a striking resemblence to the monstrous space-slug (also a puppet) in Episode V?

As for the Holiday Special, it would rock if George Lucas overcame his embarrasment enough to include it as an extra on the eventual Episode V The Empire Strikes Back DVD (or Episode IV, but I think it would make better sense on Episode V because it introduced Boba Fett, and because the Episode IV DVD will likely have the most extras anyway).

#8 of 31 OFFLINE   Matt Stone

Matt Stone

Lead Actor

• 9,070 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 09:26 AM

Yub Yub
In Heaven, everything is fine.
[ 2006 Films | 2005 Films | 2004 Films | 2003 Films | YMDB Top 20 ]
[ Star Wars | Sideshow | HT | DVDs | LDs | AIM: Maulrat87 ]

#9 of 31 OFFLINE   Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad

Supporting Actor

• 530 posts

Posted June 27 2002 - 01:50 PM

Quote:
Those Ewok movies had some of the worst acting possible in movies.

Not to mention they look as if some intern at Lucasfilm took a video camera outside of the Ranch and just filmed in the hills around there Posted Image

#10 of 31 OFFLINE   Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins

Screenwriter

• 1,765 posts

Posted June 28 2002 - 04:37 AM

Quote:
As for the Holiday Special, it would rock if George Lucas overcame his embarrasment enough to include it as an extra on the eventual Episode V The Empire Strikes Back DVD

I don't know about that. I saw the Holiday Special about a week ago and it is truly awful. I mean really awful. I can't blame him for not releasing it. Especially since it appears he didn't have much to do with it.

Jeff

#11 of 31 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted June 28 2002 - 05:06 AM

Good or bad, the Star Wars completists want it. I'd kinda like to see it all again, too. Please bring it on!
DAVE/Memphis, TN

#12 of 31 OFFLINE   Eric Berger

Eric Berger

Agent

• 30 posts

Posted June 28 2002 - 07:32 AM

I definitely want the Holiday Special.Posted Image

#13 of 31 OFFLINE   DavidPla

DavidPla

Screenwriter

• 2,357 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 09:30 AM

With the announcement of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, maybe we'll get SPECIAL EDITION - The Way They Were Meant to Be Experienced with the Ewok movies. A digitally enhanced Wicket with new added special effects.

#14 of 31 OFFLINE   Russell G

Russell G

Fake Shemp

• 10,122 posts
  • LocationDeadmonton

Posted February 20 2004 - 09:46 AM

The only way I would buy these Ewok movies is if they included the Holiday special.

I'm sorry, but I hated the Ewoks in Jedi, and I hate them here. I haven't seen them since they came out, so maybe I could appreciate them more now. Of course, if they come out at the right price, I might pick them up for completist sake... (damn collector in me!)

#15 of 31 OFFLINE   Jonny P

Jonny P

Supporting Actor

• 649 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 10:22 AM

Bad acting?

I'd say it is on par with Episode II... Posted Image

#16 of 31 OFFLINE   Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg

Lead Actor

• 9,209 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 10:36 AM

Wow, an old thread, but I never saw the Ewok movies or the holiday special and I really want to especially if they're as bad as I've been led to believe.

#17 of 31 OFFLINE   Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor

• 697 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 01:58 PM

The Holiday Special is truly, truly garbage.

And I LOVE Star Wars, I even really love the prequels.

To sum up a bit about the special. Chewie is on his way back to his home planet to celebrate Life Day. While en route, we see Chewie's family going about their everyday routine with grunts and growls, for 20 FRIGGIN MINUTES! No subtitles, just YARRRRGGGH! Back and fourth, I couldn't stand it but to watch the thing once.

And what was with Bea Aurther being the cantina proprieter? And her song? Man, bad BAD stuff!

The animated short, however, is the ONLY saving grace about it.
HD DVD? Check! Blu Ray? Check! High Definition Satelite? Check! HD Gaming systems? Check! 100% High Definition across the board!
http://mrbiggles.blogspot.com

#18 of 31 OFFLINE   Haggai

Haggai

Producer

• 3,883 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 02:32 PM

Casey, I saw the Holiday special a few years ago, and it's SOOOOOO bad it's good! Everything Travis said (yes, Bea Arthur, you read that right) and more. Some of the main cast from the movie show up at the end, and Carrie Fisher sings the main Star Wars theme with some really corny lyrics. It's so amazingly bad that I can't imagine it ever seeing the light of day as part of a Lucas-approved release.

And Chewbacca's kid's name is Lumpy, right? A funny detail that I just remembered. Posted Image

#19 of 31 OFFLINE   Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter

• 1,385 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 03:06 PM

I liked The Ewok Adventure when I was a kid. I never saw Battle for Endor though.

#20 of 31 OFFLINE   Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit

• 377 posts

Posted February 20 2004 - 03:41 PM

What were the "lyrics" to Star Wars that Carrie Fisher sang in the Holiday Special?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow