What's new

Star Wars Droids & Ewoks DVDs (1 Viewer)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I already have the TV Movies DVD and with the release of Clone Wars tomorrow I was wondering if the cartoons DVDs were worth getting? I was hoping for season sets but it seems like they might release them individually.

So are they worth it or should I just stay with my crappy vcds? Any news on Volume 2 releases of them?

Shawn_KE

Screenwriter
I picked up Droids since I remembered watching them back in the day. Didn't care much for ewoks.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm about as a devoted Star Wars fan as can be (without dressing up in costume to see the movies anyway:) ) and I can say that the Droids and Ewoks cartoons ain't that great. The animation especially on the Droids is terrible. For me, the Ewoks cartoons are at least watchable.

A major problem for some people was that the DVDs were edited together to one 'movie'. Alot of fans wanted the original episodes with the opening and closing credits intact. They haven't said anything about Volume Two of either series. Maybe when Episode III hits DVD in November, they'll do some more.

I think that if you're a completist, buy it. However, if you were a completist you'd probably have them already.:)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well I held off before in case of they announced season sets. But since they haven't yet I'm very tempted to get them since they are so cheap.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Roger. I like these but I want the real episodes, not the episodes edited into some monotonous movie.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think Droids is somewhat watchable but the Ewoks cartoon (and to a slightly lesser extend, the live-action movies) are practically unwatchable. It's almost impossible to accept that the Ewoks exist within the "Star Wars" universe, especially when they've been made even more annoyingly cute in animated form. With "Droids" you still get the overall feeling that they're existing in the same world as the films, with characters using credits, referring to the Empire, and characters like IG-88 popping up.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
^ I think I just answered my own question.

According to TV Shows on DVD:

I was given that "Pirates and the Prince" VHS recently. Just now I watched about the first five minutes, and noticed several edits (e.g., the episode's title card, new credits superimposed over animation that didn't have credits over it originally). But the most drastic change is that all of the background music has been replaced! (I also have the J2 Communications VHS of one of the episodes to compare it to.)

The original music was written by Stewart Copeland and Derek Holt ("Title song and additional songs and music"), Patricia Cullen, David Greene, and David Shaw (score). The new music is written by Marco D'Ambrosio.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The main reason everyone's bugged by it is not only the re-editing of episodes, but you don't even get every episode.

For now, I'll stick to my tape with two uncut Ewoks episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks