What's new

TV ON BLU BEFORE I DIE - PRETTY PLEASE (1 Viewer)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
BTW, in that Timeless DVD collection, there is an episode accompanied by a special disclaimer saying the original master is lost and they had to use a VHS tape from a show collector, sans the end credits!

BXR Industries

Auditioning
Real Name
Weyland Yutani
Gunsmoke has a tendency to be syndicated in three separate packages due to the quantity of episodes. I only get P+ through Amazon Prime, which does not have Gunsmoke, but I'm guessing STARZ may be able re-license it at some point and hopefully will show it in the standard syndication packages.
Paramount+ now has seasons seven through twenty in 1080p directly and through Amazon. Also, you can link your Prime subscription to the Paramount+ service directly. When did Starz have Gunsmoke, and did they stream the first six seasons in 1080p? Other than the 720p broadcasts on INSP with ads, bumpers, and the station logo, I haven't found them in HD anywhere.
I have yet to see Gunsmoke available in full series on Paramount +. They have the series but they have season 5 or something listed as the first season for whatever reason. The Odd Couple is also incomplete.

Physical media for the win...
They had seasons seven and eight directly (previously mislabeled as seasons one and two), while seasons nine through twenty were exclusively on Paramount+ through YouTube until recently, when they were added directly and through Amazon.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Paramount+ now has seasons seven through twenty in 1080p directly and through Amazon. Also, you can link your Prime subscription to the Paramount+ service directly. When did Starz have Gunsmoke, and did they stream the first six seasons in 1080p? Other than the 720p broadcasts on INSP with ads, bumpers, and the station logo, I haven't found them in HD anywhere.
Yes, I started accessing seasons 7 through 20 of Gunsmoke as soon as they were added to the Paramount+ sub-channel of Amazon Prime. According to Prime, seasons 1 through 6 were available at one time via the STARZ sub-channel of Prime as Gunsmoke aka Marshal Dillon. When, it does not say or whether it was provided in HD or SD. However, STARZ on Prime has provided several other shows in HD, such as The Virginian, Death Valley Days, Laramie, and The Tales of Wells Fargo, so it is possible. We will just have to wait for the next time they are available to see if provided in HD. One would think they would be, at least going forward.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Yes, I started accessing seasons 7 through 20 of Gunsmoke as soon as they were added to the Paramount+ sub-channel of Amazon Prime. According to Prime, seasons 1 through 6 were available at one time via the STARZ sub-channel of Prime as Gunsmoke aka Marshal Dillon. When, it does not say or whether it was provided in HD or SD.

Seems to me that the 30m and 60m seasons of Gunsmoke were always syndicated separately. Similarly, for a good while on various retro TV channels, Naked City only included the 60m episodes. Around 12 or so years ago, MeTV I think it was, started showing the 30m episodes along with the 60m.

Last edited:

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
All seasons of GS are available uncut and in reasonable quality here.You do need to register to access the files and a moderator needs to approve your request first..You have the option to download them.I joined a long time ago.Tell them I sent ya and you get a free beer at the Long Branch saloon:)

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
All seasons of GS are available uncut and in reasonable quality here.You do need to register to access the files and a moderator needs to approve your request first..You have the option to download them.I joined a long time ago.Tell them I sent ya and you get a free beer at the Long Branch saloon:)

Thanks. I have all the DVDs, so at this point all I need are seasons 1 through 6 in HD.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Is Wagon Train HD on Starz? I tried watching a few season 1 episodes and they were stretched to fake wide screen, and didn't look anywhere near as amazing as Laramie. I think even the Me TV airings of Wagon Train look better.

Last edited:

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Is Wagon Train HD on Starz? I tried watching a few season 1 episodes and they were stretched to fake wide screen, and didn't look anywhere near as amazing as Laramie. I think even the Me TV airings of Wagon Train look better.
I checked out some seasons of Wagon Train on STARZ in the past 12 months, they weren't stretched, at least at the time I watched. There are some missing some episodes, especially in season 4. I'm guessing when Ward Bond was ill since they are mainly at the beginning of the season before the transition.

Seasons 1-4 are better than the Timeless release but still just SD. Seasons 5-8 are even better and in 720p HD. Not to the standards of Laramie or some of the other's in HD on STARZ, but still better than the Timeless releases.

jdee28

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
I went on Starz, and Wagon Train Seasons 4-8 are in HD and look great, on par with Laramie, etc. Those seasons look to be complete. Seasons 1-3 are only in SD sadly and can looked stretched depending on your display.

It looks like The Rifleman on Starz is also SD only.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Very likely.
Sad Peanut Butter GIF by For Everest

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks