What's new

FURY (1955) starring Peter Graves - The Complete Series on DVD (import) (1 Viewer)

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I am watching the German release of the first TV show I ever loved, FURY, with Peter Graves. The complete series is not available in the states. I thought I would make a few comments on this German edition, and let everyone know how much I am enjoying it.

First, the episodes appear mostly uncut (judging by their running times: 24:30 or so). The quality for a nearly 70-year-old show, not remastered, is fair to good, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Some particulars. There's dual audio: German (default) or English. The opening title sequence is altered from the U.S. versions (shorter), and only available in German. I "fixed" this problem by taking the U.S. opening from the season one and "Lost Episodes" sets released in the states, and included it in the episodes when I ripped the series in English.

Although it appears the five sets are season sets, this is not the case. They are titled "Box 1," "Box 2" and so on. They mostly adhere to the seasons, but not in production or aired order. Also, it might first appear that this 114-episode set is missing episodes. Wikipedia has the series at 116 episodes; other episode guides on the Internet have it as high as 120. In fact there were only 114 episodes produced, and this set includes them all.

For me it holds up well. The series is currently available on eBay and one other place on the Internet. The set I received off eBay for $125 was not a bootleg, but a very well produced product (episode titles are in both German and English on the discs). I'm glad I got it. I hope to post some episode reviews here in the future.

s-l1600.jpg

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I am watching the German release of the first TV show I ever loved, FURY, with Peter Graves. The complete series is not available in the states. I thought I would make a few comments on this German edition, and let everyone know how much I am enjoying it.

First, the episodes appear mostly uncut (judging by their running times: 24:30 or so). The quality for a nearly 70-year-old show, not remastered, is fair to good, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Some particulars. There's dual audio: German (default) or English. The opening title sequence is altered from the U.S. versions (shorter), and only available in German. I "fixed" this problem by taking the U.S. opening from the season one and "Lost Episodes" sets released in the states, and included it in the episodes when I ripped the series in English.

Although it appears the five sets are season sets, this is not the case. They are titled "Box 1," "Box 2" and so on. They mostly adhere to the seasons, but not in production or aired order. Also, it might first appear that this 114-episode set is missing episodes. Wikipedia has the series at 116 episodes; other episode guides on the Internet have it as high as 120. In fact there were only 114 episodes produced, and this set includes them all.

For me it holds up well. The series is currently available on eBay and one other place on the Internet. The set I received off eBay for $125 was not a bootleg, but a very well produced product (episode titles are in both German and English on the discs). I'm glad I got it. I hope to post some episode reviews here in the future.

View attachment 181273
Never saw is it a great show

Last edited:

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
Never saw is it a great show
I can't say it's a great show. A great show is Gunsmoke. Or Rawhide. This is the story about a kid and the horse who loves him. I will say the relationship between father and son is played straight and honest. That goes a long way. The series fell into a trap in the later seasons. Generally the episodes involve Fury rescuing someone or saving the day thanks to the love of the orphaned boy taken in by Peter Graves. It's mostly a nostalgia blast for me. If you don't have nostalgia for it, it might not work for you. If you're curious, consider getting the limited cheaper set(s) available in the U.S. before splurging on this package.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I can't say it's a great show. A great show is Gunsmoke. Or Rawhide. This is the story about a kid and the horse who loves him. I will say the relationship between father and son is played straight and honest. That goes a long way. The series fell into a trap in the later seasons. Generally the episodes involve Fury rescuing someone or saving the day thanks to the love of the orphaned boy taken in by Peter Graves. It's mostly a nostalgia blast for me. If you don't have nostalgia for it, it might not work for you. If you're curious, consider getting the limited cheaper set(s) available in the U.S. before splurging on this package.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'm doing math based on the pictures you show of the sets and they come out to 113 which is one episode short. I see 24, 24, 24, 24 and 17.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks