What's new

Ewoks & Droids on DVD ....... (1 Viewer)

Those Ewok movies had some of the worst acting possible in movies. Bar none. But dammit if I didn't watch them all the time when I was a kid. That being said, I'd probably pick them up.

Brandon Gantt

Second Unit
The site hasn't announced anything! It just says the films will be considered sometime after Episode III. I wouldn't call that news.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
This makes me very happy! This is definitely news. The answer could have been 'no' as it is for the SW Holiday Special. So I'm glad that we'll eventually see these.
I hope they'll include 'the making of the ewok adventure' on the DVD. It was made by the kids in the movie.
Also, George Lucas wrote the first Ewok movie and even DIRECTED part of it. See Link Removed for a lot of cool stuff from that movie.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The site hasn't announced anything! It just says the films will be considered sometime after Episode III. I wouldn't call that news.
Depends on your point-of-view. Many folks out there will call it news. "Good" news that it's being thought of at all. "Bad" news in that, like the original trilogy, everything must be on hold until after George and Rick finish paying attention to one particular film, and can't trust anybody to delegate this to.

If you don't consider it news, that's cool. The world's made up of different people, after all.

Brenton

Screenwriter
I would love to have these movies on DVD. As corny as they are (and as bad as the stop-motion is), they're great films with a lot of heart, and I watched the first one (taped off the Disney Channel) plenty when I was a kid (never owned the second).

Hey, anyone notice that the puppet-creature in the tree that bites Mace's arm bears a striking resemblence to the monstrous space-slug (also a puppet) in Episode V?

As for the Holiday Special, it would rock if George Lucas overcame his embarrasment enough to include it as an extra on the eventual Episode V The Empire Strikes Back DVD (or Episode IV, but I think it would make better sense on Episode V because it introduced Boba Fett, and because the Episode IV DVD will likely have the most extras anyway).

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
As for the Holiday Special, it would rock if George Lucas overcame his embarrasment enough to include it as an extra on the eventual Episode V The Empire Strikes Back DVD
I don't know about that. I saw the Holiday Special about a week ago and it is truly awful. I mean really awful. I can't blame him for not releasing it. Especially since it appears he didn't have much to do with it.
Jeff

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Good or bad, the Star Wars completists want it. I'd kinda like to see it all again, too. Please bring it on!

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
With the announcement of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, maybe we'll get SPECIAL EDITION - The Way They Were Meant to Be Experienced with the Ewok movies. A digitally enhanced Wicket with new added special effects.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The only way I would buy these Ewok movies is if they included the Holiday special.

I'm sorry, but I hated the Ewoks in Jedi, and I hate them here. I haven't seen them since they came out, so maybe I could appreciate them more now. Of course, if they come out at the right price, I might pick them up for completist sake... (damn collector in me!)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Wow, an old thread, but I never saw the Ewok movies or the holiday special and I really want to especially if they're as bad as I've been led to believe.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
The Holiday Special is truly, truly garbage.

And I LOVE Star Wars, I even really love the prequels.

To sum up a bit about the special. Chewie is on his way back to his home planet to celebrate Life Day. While en route, we see Chewie's family going about their everyday routine with grunts and growls, for 20 FRIGGIN MINUTES! No subtitles, just YARRRRGGGH! Back and fourth, I couldn't stand it but to watch the thing once.

And what was with Bea Aurther being the cantina proprieter? And her song? Man, bad BAD stuff!

The animated short, however, is the ONLY saving grace about it.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Casey, I saw the Holiday special a few years ago, and it's SOOOOOO bad it's good! Everything Travis said (yes, Bea Arthur, you read that right) and more. Some of the main cast from the movie show up at the end, and Carrie Fisher sings the main Star Wars theme with some really corny lyrics. It's so amazingly bad that I can't imagine it ever seeing the light of day as part of a Lucas-approved release.
And Chewbacca's kid's name is Lumpy, right? A funny detail that I just remembered. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks