Ewoks & Droids on DVD .......

Discussion in 'DVD' started by oscar_merkx, Jun 27, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

2. Brian_Anderson

Those Ewok movies had some of the worst acting possible in movies. Bar none. But dammit if I didn't watch them all the time when I was a kid. That being said, I'd probably pick them up.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Cool news! [​IMG] Thanks for passing it on!

4. Brandon Gantt

Brandon Gantt Second Unit

The site hasn't announced anything! It just says the films will be considered sometime after Episode III. I wouldn't call that news.

5. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    This makes me very happy! This is definitely news. The answer could have been 'no' as it is for the SW Holiday Special. So I'm glad that we'll eventually see these.
    I hope they'll include 'the making of the ewok adventure' on the DVD. It was made by the kids in the movie.
    Also, George Lucas wrote the first Ewok movie and even DIRECTED part of it. See www.ericwalker.net for a lot of cool stuff from that movie.

6. David Lambert

7. Brenton

Brenton Screenwriter

I would love to have these movies on DVD. As corny as they are (and as bad as the stop-motion is), they're great films with a lot of heart, and I watched the first one (taped off the Disney Channel) plenty when I was a kid (never owned the second).

Hey, anyone notice that the puppet-creature in the tree that bites Mace's arm bears a striking resemblence to the monstrous space-slug (also a puppet) in Episode V?

As for the Holiday Special, it would rock if George Lucas overcame his embarrasment enough to include it as an extra on the eventual Episode V The Empire Strikes Back DVD (or Episode IV, but I think it would make better sense on Episode V because it introduced Boba Fett, and because the Episode IV DVD will likely have the most extras anyway).

8. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Yub Yub

9. Jeremy Conrad

Jeremy Conrad Supporting Actor

10. Jeff Adkins

Jeff Adkins Screenwriter

Jeff Adkins

11. David Lambert

Good or bad, the Star Wars completists want it. I'd kinda like to see it all again, too. Please bring it on!

12. Eric Berger

Eric Berger Agent

I definitely want the Holiday Special.[​IMG]

13. DavidPla

DavidPla Cinematographer

With the announcement of the original Star Wars trilogy on DVD this September, maybe we'll get SPECIAL EDITION - The Way They Were Meant to Be Experienced with the Ewok movies. A digitally enhanced Wicket with new added special effects.

14. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp
    Supporter

Russell
    The only way I would buy these Ewok movies is if they included the Holiday special.

I'm sorry, but I hated the Ewoks in Jedi, and I hate them here. I haven't seen them since they came out, so maybe I could appreciate them more now. Of course, if they come out at the right price, I might pick them up for completist sake... (damn collector in me!)

15. Jonny P

Jonny P Supporting Actor

Bad acting?
    I'd say it is on par with Episode II... [​IMG]

16. Casey Trowbridg

Casey Trowbridg Lead Actor

Wow, an old thread, but I never saw the Ewok movies or the holiday special and I really want to especially if they're as bad as I've been led to believe.

17. Travis Hedger

Travis Hedger Supporting Actor

The Holiday Special is truly, truly garbage.

And I LOVE Star Wars, I even really love the prequels.

To sum up a bit about the special. Chewie is on his way back to his home planet to celebrate Life Day. While en route, we see Chewie's family going about their everyday routine with grunts and growls, for 20 FRIGGIN MINUTES! No subtitles, just YARRRRGGGH! Back and fourth, I couldn't stand it but to watch the thing once.

And what was with Bea Aurther being the cantina proprieter? And her song? Man, bad BAD stuff!

The animated short, however, is the ONLY saving grace about it.

18. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Casey, I saw the Holiday special a few years ago, and it's SOOOOOO bad it's good! Everything Travis said (yes, Bea Arthur, you read that right) and more. Some of the main cast from the movie show up at the end, and Carrie Fisher sings the main Star Wars theme with some really corny lyrics. It's so amazingly bad that I can't imagine it ever seeing the light of day as part of a Lucas-approved release.
    And Chewbacca's kid's name is Lumpy, right? A funny detail that I just remembered. [​IMG]

19. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

I liked The Ewok Adventure when I was a kid. I never saw Battle for Endor though.

20. Jeff Swearingen

Jeff Swearingen Second Unit

Jeff
    What were the "lyrics" to Star Wars that Carrie Fisher sang in the Holiday Special?