What's new

Press Release Paramount Press Release: Bonanza: The Complete Series (DVD) (2 Viewers)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
Hoss checking out a new kind of horse power.

1692253759720.png

1692253712681.png

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Favorite multi network show commercial

That's why the Fall TV show lineups were always run in conjunction with the various new car releases. A habit that's still done today, but just out of habit now. No longer connected to any brand of new cars for the coming year, that was a fun look back at what was, thanks!!!

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
That's why the Fall TV show lineups were always run in conjunction with the various new car releases. A habit that's still done today, but just out of habit now. No longer connected to any brand of new cars for the coming year, that was a fun look back at what was, thanks!!!
Sponsors had more power then. Bewitched, a new show, was on ABC while Bonanza and The Man From Uncle, also new, were on NBC. That they allowed Bewitched to be promoted by NBC on the top rated Bonanza seems unusual today. They really gave it a showcase. This commercial was in color while Bewitched was in B&W. So this is the first time seeing these characters in color. This may have aired before Bewitched premiered or shortly after it did. I wonder if Dick York's back problem was the reason he is only seen sitting in the car. It's a treat to see the actors using their real names but acting like their characters.

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
When did these come out?

--jthree

These action figures came out in 1966.

1694670492600.png

1694670515049.png

1694670615856.png

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Hey everyone, before I purchase the complete set, I decided to finish off my separate season collection and I recently bought Season 9.

Can someone clarify something for me, if they have the S9 sets in their own collection - is the BONANZA logo/title on the spine on each of the S9 volumes much smaller and not filling up the whole space allocated for it, or did I accidentally buy a counterfeit? Could someone take a pic of their BONANZA collection/S9 sets for me, compared to the rest of the sets?

Checked the discs, they're all dual layer, over 50 minutes long on each episode, they also look incredible, but this spine thing is triggering my OCD, so I wanted to ask.

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. - @Flashgear - I accidentally saw that you bought S9 a year or 2 ago when I was using the search function, maybe you could help me out on this matter? :)

Albert71292

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Albert Sims
Hey everyone, before I purchase the complete set, I decided to finish off my separate season collection and I recently bought Season 9.

Can someone clarify something for me, if they have the S9 sets in their own collection - is the BONANZA logo/title on the spine on each of the S9 volumes much smaller and not filling up the whole space allocated for it, or did I accidentally buy a counterfeit? Could someone take a pic of their BONANZA collection/S9 sets for me, compared to the rest of the sets?

Checked the discs, they're all dual layer, over 50 minutes long on each episode, they also look incredible, but this spine thing is triggering my OCD, so I wanted to ask.

Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S. - @Flashgear - I accidentally saw that you bought S9 a year or 2 ago when I was using the search function, maybe you could help me out on this matter? :)
Complete series set comes in four thick cases with stacked discs. Case one has seasons 1-4, case 2 has seasons 5-8, case 3 seasons 9-11, and case 4 seasons 12-14.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Complete series set comes in four thick cases with stacked discs. Case one has seasons 1-4, case 2 has seasons 5-8, case 3 seasons 9-11, and case 4 seasons 12-14.

It seems that your comment has nothing to do with any of the things I asked about, but that's OK ☺️

My question was regarding the individual season 9 volumes and their spines, not the big season cases in the complete series set.

Last edited:

Flashgear

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Randall

Thanks a lot in advance.

Stan, I just saw your request to me about the two volumes of the original season Nine Bonanza CBS/P DVD releases. I took these photos of my sets, spines, obverse and reverse of those original two volumes for you to compare...the Bonanza script on the spines does appear slightly smaller than the previous seasons.
SAM_0882.JPG

SAM_0881.JPG

SAM_0884.JPG

SAM_0886.JPG

if your discs are indeed dual layer and look as great as the other half season volumes, you must have the real deal and not bootlegs. I'm still looking to buy the complete series release at some point, as that option is far cheaper than buying seasons' 10 to 14 that I still need. Oh, also the remastered season two, far superior to the original 2011 S2 release, that is included in the complete series edition.

justarandomstan

Second Unit
Real Name
Stan
Brilliant!

Thank you so much, @Flashgear!

Glad you're OK and that you're back! Looking forward to reading more of your amazing episode/show reviews in the What did you watch this week in classic TV on DVD(or Blu)? thread!

Best,
Stan ♥

P.S. - What a wonderful TV western collection you've got over there! I'm on my way to completing the Gunsmoke separate season sets lot, hopefully by the end of 2024!

Long live Classic TV :emoji_blush:

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Was this filmed in 35 mm? If it was, it should look as good as Hogans Heroes does on DVD.
Entirely produced on 35mm film intended to promote the sale of Color TVs (specifically to sold by NBC's parent company: RCA) ....
1705561964295.png

I believe an article in American Cinematographer indicated they had stored the negatives in a climate controlled vault

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks