What's new

bonanza season 12 dvd coming in 2023 (1 Viewer)

Kevin Antonio (Kev)

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Taffe
Thanks! I had a hunch it was changed to freshen the show up a bit!
Was that the theme music used later on the syndication versions, which popped up on many VHS and DVD releases early on?
There were 4 themes used the 1959-68 theme- the true classic

The 68-70 theme- a more patriotic sounding rendition of the orginal- my favorite

The Big Bonanza- 70-72 which is when the show began its biggest changes and changed from the old paramount lot to Warners.

The last season was when they went back to the orginal theme but it was faster in tempo.

On the dvds that got released prior to the official release they used a non copyrighted song as the intro since certain episodes fell in the public domain, and Livingston and Evans song ( the orginal ) was copyrighted.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
There were 4 themes used the 1959-68 theme- the true classic

The 68-70 theme- a more patriotic sounding rendition of the orginal- my favorite

The Big Bonanza- 70-72 which is when the show began its biggest changes and changed from the old paramount lot to Warners.

The last season was when they went back to the orginal theme but it was faster in tempo.

On the dvds that got released prior to the official release they used a non copyrighted song as the intro since certain episodes fell in the public domain, and Livingston and Evans song ( the orginal ) was copyrighted.
Thanks again for the great info.
I’m a fan ( own all 14 seasons on DVD) but not too knowledgeable on background info.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks