What's new

Press Release MPI Press Release: The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet Seasons 13 & 14 (DVD) (2 Viewers)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
THE ORIGINAL TV SITCOM FAMILY IS BACK AND FULLY
RESTORED & REMASTERED IN 4K FOR ITS 70th ANNIVERSARY

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET™
SEASONS 13 & 14 available
on September 26th

The Entire Series Has Been Restored From The Original 35mm Picture And Sound Elements In Association With The UCLA Film & Television Archive​
228f3e17-02b2-4279-bf1d-b14dab46c198.jpg
1c2c8636-d673-4851-b4d7-c201f2a0419a.jpg

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET

Seasons 13 & 14​

For a record-breaking fourteen seasons and 435 episodes, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet aired on ABC-TV from 1952 through 1966, becoming one of the most cherished cultural touchstones of the twentieth century. The gentle humor of the prolific and popular sitcom was brought to the screen by the real-life Nelson family: Ozzie and wife Harriet with their sons, David and Rick – in addition to David’s wife June Blair and Rick’s wife Kris Nelson, all portraying themselves in a trend-setting blend of fact-meets-fiction comedy decades before Seinfeld and other semi-reality based shows.
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet humorously chronicled the daily lives of the Nelson family as David and Ricky grew up before millions of weekly viewers. For the very first time, in association with the Nelson family, the entire series has been digitally restored with complete episodes from the original film negatives and audio reels for superior picture and sound quality.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON THIRTEEN contains all 25 full, fun-filled episodes including rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Lyle Talbot and Mary Jane Croft appear as Ozzie and Harriet’s best friends Joe and Clara Randolph along with classic television and film guest stars Billy Mumy, Mamie Van Doren, Kent McCord, Sheila James, Bob Eubanks, Jimmy Hawkins, Frank Cady and other familiar faces.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON FOURTEEN contains all 26 full, fun-filled episodes from the final year including 25 of the rarely-seen color adventures. Lyle Talbot and Mary Jane Croft appear as Ozzie and Harriet’s best friends Joe and Clara Randolph along with classic television and film guest stars Kent McCord, Jeannine Riley, Reta Shaw, Elvia Alman, Barbara Stuart, Paul Hartman, Audrey Christy, Darby Hinton and other familiar faces.
# # #​

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET: SEASONS 13 AND 14
DVD SRP: $29.98 each
Running time: 660/690 minutes each (3 discs)
Language: English
Not rated​
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Couple of delays here and there, but overall, the series took about a month per season to make it out on DVD.

Not bad considering there were no official season releases when June 2022 began, and definitely nothing restored and remastered.

This was a hell of a project Sam Nelson, UCLA, and MPI embarked upon and it's wonderful to see one more classic show back out there for everyone to enjoy.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
THE ORIGINAL TV SITCOM FAMILY IS BACK AND FULLY
RESTORED & REMASTERED IN 4K FOR ITS 70th ANNIVERSARY

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET™
SEASONS 13 & 14 available
on September 26th

The Entire Series Has Been Restored From The Original 35mm Picture And Sound Elements In Association With The UCLA Film & Television Archive​
228f3e17-02b2-4279-bf1d-b14dab46c198.jpg
1c2c8636-d673-4851-b4d7-c201f2a0419a.jpg
THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET

Seasons 13 & 14​

For a record-breaking fourteen seasons and 435 episodes, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet aired on ABC-TV from 1952 through 1966, becoming one of the most cherished cultural touchstones of the twentieth century. The gentle humor of the prolific and popular sitcom was brought to the screen by the real-life Nelson family: Ozzie and wife Harriet with their sons, David and Rick – in addition to David’s wife June Blair and Rick’s wife Kris Nelson, all portraying themselves in a trend-setting blend of fact-meets-fiction comedy decades before Seinfeld and other semi-reality based shows.
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet humorously chronicled the daily lives of the Nelson family as David and Ricky grew up before millions of weekly viewers. For the very first time, in association with the Nelson family, the entire series has been digitally restored with complete episodes from the original film negatives and audio reels for superior picture and sound quality.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON THIRTEEN contains all 25 full, fun-filled episodes including rare adventures not seen on television in decades. Lyle Talbot and Mary Jane Croft appear as Ozzie and Harriet’s best friends Joe and Clara Randolph along with classic television and film guest stars Billy Mumy, Mamie Van Doren, Kent McCord, Sheila James, Bob Eubanks, Jimmy Hawkins, Frank Cady and other familiar faces.

THE OFFICIAL COMPLETE SEASON FOURTEEN contains all 26 full, fun-filled episodes from the final year including 25 of the rarely-seen color adventures. Lyle Talbot and Mary Jane Croft appear as Ozzie and Harriet’s best friends Joe and Clara Randolph along with classic television and film guest stars Kent McCord, Jeannine Riley, Reta Shaw, Elvia Alman, Barbara Stuart, Paul Hartman, Audrey Christy, Darby Hinton and other familiar faces.​
# # #​

THE ADVENTURES OF OZZIE AND HARRIET: SEASONS 13 AND 14
DVD SRP: $29.98 each
Running time: 660/690 minutes each (3 discs)
Language: English
Not rated​
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Love it! :)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Can’t wait to complete my DVD (and my digital HD) collection! I’m almost finished with Season 11, and should be caught up by 9/26. It’s been fun discovering all these episodes I’d never seen before, and rediscovering old favorites from my WTBS days as a kid. The quality is amazing!

An Elvis Fan

Agent
Real Name
Thomas Widener
That complete set looks great but for those of us who bought it season by season, I guess we'll be deprived of the two bonus features DVDs. Thanks a lot, MPI!

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
That complete set looks great but for those of us who bought it season by season, I guess we'll be deprived of the two bonus features DVDs. Thanks a lot, MPI!
Like any other company MPI is in it to make money, so try not to be too annoyed. I didn't buy any of the season by season DVD releases beyond the Fourth Season as I'd been hoping for a BluRay release after seeing how superior they look streaming. But I'm not holding my breath.

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
Now that Ozzie & Harriet has been completed on DVD, these five sitcoms from the 50's in my opinion would also be worthy of complete series DVD releases. I know it's not likely to happen for all five to get released but thought I'd post the list anyway.

Bachelor Father
December Bride
Jack Benny Program
Burns & Allen Show
Make Room For Daddy/Danny Thomas Show

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I don't know if anyone here knows about this but seasons 4 to 11 of The Danny Thomas Show are on the Tubi website for free viewing and the episodes appear complete/unedited. I'd prefer to have these on DVD physical media but watching on line is a decent alternative.

Towards the end of the 11th and final season of Danny Thomas, there's three episodes with a young Italian actress, her name is Pupa, she's cute looking and quite talented, I had never heard of or seen her before so I did a little research and it seems she wasn't in show business for very long, only during that 1960's time frame and that's about it.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Maybe we'll see MPI put that out as a standalone later on.

They've done at least one release in the past that was basically all bonus style content, when they put out 'Petticoat Junction: Return to Hooterville'. It was interviews, commercials, etc. The only actual episode included was the season 1 Christmas episode that they had withheld from their previous Petticoat Junction: Ultimate Collection release in order to pair with a Beverly Hillbillies episode for a Christmas collection DVD.

So there's at least a little precedent for a standalone MPI release centered around bonus content, although obviously it's no guarantee that they'll actually do it. But if the sales stay decent for these later seasons, I'm hopeful that they'll do the right thing for the fans that want this content but already own the standalone releases.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Including the booklet unless it is the same one that came with the Time Life sets, but don't think it is. Does anyone know?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Thank you. I would like to get a copy of that if I could without buying the entire set. I already have the Time-Life sets and the individual 14 seasons.
You should send MPI an email, and ask them if you could buy the book separately, and tell them you supported them and bought all the sets individually. The worst they could say is no. They must have extras for replacements.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks