What's new

Worlds reactions (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I looked through the forums here and couldn't find if anyone posted this yet. Its a forum on arstechnica with pictures from around the world. Truely moving:
Link Removed
------------------
Michael Alletto
Mike's DVD List
Link Removed

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Thanks for posting this.
I'm finding myself more prone to tears yesterday and today than I was on Tuesday. I suppose I was in complete shock on Tuesday and now that it's sinking in, it's quite an emotional roller coaster.
Looking at these images, I can only thing that if anything at all positive has come out of this whole mess it is the fact that the world in banding together like it is. Truly a demonstration of the brotherhood of man.
I only hope that in the coming days, weeks and months, as this incident begins to fade into memory (I know that is hard to fathom now, but everything eventually does) that we can hold on to that spirit of a united world and people. Great things can happen when we all stand together.
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"People always clap for the wrong things." - The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Anyone in the Vancouver, BC area interested in meeting up? If so, click here.
Please sign the online petition against Warner Brothers' recent non-OAR releases. Click here.

Derick

Auditioning
As my fellow Canadian Rain pointed out great things can happen providing we continue to support each other and band together, and long after what comes next we continue to do so this world will be MUCH more safer and tolerable place to live.

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
Thanks for those links, Rob.
-Mike
------------------
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.
void *: Finger to spiritual emptiness underlying everything
.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o0o.o 0o.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
200 000 people were attending a solidarity event in Berlin today.
[Edited last by Dominik Dröscher on September 14, 2001 at 10:47 AM]

KDHM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kim Donald Houde-Martens
I just got back from the B'burg Gate, as a New Yorker living in Berlin it was very strange for me to see all those American flags, all this week I have felt so far away from home, then today I realized I am home, this happened to everyone on earth, for a few moments everyone was a New Yorker. Then walking home I saw a Rainbow over the city.
kd

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Everyone and everything came to a standstill for 3 minutes at 12:00 this day (which is the same moment as Rob's 11:00 am). The silence was impressive, especially if you realized it was a silence all over Europe.
Later I was strangely moved by hearing the US national Anthem sung during a service in London, in the presence of HM the Queen, sung in a purely Brittish-English accent!
Cees
[Edited last by Cees Alons on September 14, 2001 at 02:19 PM]

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
I would like to offer my personal thanks to the non-American members of HTF for their words of comfort. This is a tough time to be an American. The first night after the attack was a very emotional and difficult time. I guess I felt a little isolated, I felt that it was them-against-us; until I saw video of people in countries all over the world leaving flowers and lighting candles outside our embassy gates. It brought tears to my eyes. The out-pouring of sympathy and support from our allies and from all of Europe and the world is incredibly meaningful to me, and I'm sure, to all Americans.
Before this tragedy, our news programs only showed citizens in other countries protesting against America, or American interests. If you watched enough of it, and didn't know any better, you'd think the rest of the world hated America and Americans. The comfort, consolation, and solidarity we have seen from our global neighbors the last three days have disproved this beyond any shadow of the doubt.
I am especially grateful to our two closest allies, The United Kingdom and Canada. Our Canadian brothers opened their very homes to those Americans stranded in airports. This, and Canada's continued promise of unconditional support will always be remembered. It is good to know you can count on your next-door neighbor when the chips are down.
Tony Blair and Parliament have made it more then clear that the British are with us one hundred percent. Where would the US be without Great Britain covering our right flank? In times of trouble, Great Britain has always been the first, to offer the largest share of support, when we needed it the most. And you just know that you Brits will be with us, side-by-side, to the very end. That is heartening, and for that I am eternally grateful.
Thanks again,
Dave
------------------
"When you call me that, smile!"
My DVD Collection

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Very well said, Dave.
i find myself much like Rain, more prone to tears and emotion today than yesterday. i certainly appreciate the words of support from my international friends, both here on the HTF and in the "real" world.
Thank you.

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I understand that a rally condemning the violence and showing support for the U.S. is even planned in Cuba on Saturday. Cuba!
I have to say that I turned on ABC first thing this morning and saw the Star Spangled Banner being played at Buckingham Palace. All of the people there showing support with flowers and American flags...damn, it really brought tears to my eyes.
Thanks again to everyone throughout the world for showing such strong supoort during these very trying times.
------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prexhobby
Recent bookmarks