What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: You Hurt My Feelings (2023) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
hurt.png

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
Honesty may not be the best policy when You Hurt My Feelings arrives on Blu-ray™+Digital and DVD August 22 from A24 and Lionsgate. Academy Award®Nominee writer and director Nicole Holofcener (Enough Said, Can You Ever Forgive Me?) You Hurt My Feelings is a “…warm-hearted and rueful and hilarious in all the best ways,” states Vox. Starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus (TV’s “Seinfeld”), and Tobias Menzies (TV’s “The Crown”), You Hurt My Feelings will be available for the suggested retail prices of $24.99 for Blu-ray + DVD + Digital, and $19.98 for DVD.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
From acclaimed filmmaker Nicole Holofcener comes a sharply observed comedy about a novelist whose longstanding marriage is suddenly upended when she overhears her husband give his honest reaction to her latest book. A film about trust, lies, and the things we say to the people we love most.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Audio Commentary with Writer/Director Nicole Holofcener and Actor/Producer Julia Louis-Dreyfus
  • Just Being Honest: Making You Hurt My Feelings
CAST
Julia Louis-Dreyfus TV’s “Seinfeld,” “Veep,” Enough Said
Tobias Menzies TV’s “The Crown,” “Rome,” “Game of Thrones”
Arian Moayed TV’s “Succession,” Spider-Man: No Way Home, Inventing Anna
Michaela Watkins TV’s “Casual,” Thanks for Sharing, In A World…

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production:
Title Copyright: © 2023 It’s Just My Opinion Pictures, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Type: New Release
Rating: R
Genre: Comedy, Drama
Closed-Captioned: N/A
Subtitles: Spanish, English SDH
Run Time: 93 min.
Blu-ray Format: 16x9 (1.85), 1080P 23.98 High Definition
Blu-ray Audio: English 5.1 DTS HD-MA
DVD Format: 16x9 (1.85)
DVD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital

JoeStemme

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph
Write about what you know. That's the advice Beth (Julie Louis-Dreyfuss) dispenses to her writing students. It's also pretty much the path Writer-Director Nicole Holofcener has followed in her six feature films. Her stories center on urban upper middle class professionals.

Beth is an author who's latest novel hasn't sold yet and it's causing her some stress. Her husband, Don (Tobias Menzies), is a therapist who is also having some career doubts. They have a son (Owen Teague) who wants to be a playwright. Beth's sister, Sarah (Michaela Watkins), is an interior decorator who is becoming disenchanted with her work. Her husband Mark (Arian Moayed) is struggling actor. Plenty of first world angst to go around.

Holofcener and her cast are good enough to overcome some of the familiar tropes here and the theme of how to tread the line between honesty and (hurting one's) feelings is decently explored. David Cross and Amber Tamblyn as a passive aggressive couple in Don's care are terrific scene stealers. What's missing here is true bite. There's never a sense of either urgency or sharp insights. One never feels that any of the interlocking relationships are truly in peril. A hug, a kiss, or a hit of edible marijuana and all will be fine.

YOU HURT MY FEELINGS is a pleasant enough little movie, but, it's the epitome of a 'dramedy'- it falls just short of either of it's components.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Saw this one theatrically and HATED it.

Buncha whiny, wholly unsympathetic or likable characters.

Not that I believe every movie needs sympathetic/likable characters, but these people were so annoying that I hated them and didn't want to spend time with them.

I hoped a steamroller would crush the lot in one fell swoop! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks