What's new

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER: The Complete Series (Coming November 14th from Universal) (1 Viewer)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Guess I didn’t read the fine print. This is going to be a MOD Blu-ray release?

Gary “if that’s the case, I certainly agree with you that prices won’t drop like they do with pressed discs” O.
The discs will be pressed, just MOD.

Pretty much all of the sets Universal releases on Blu themselves are technically MOD and only available online, but they're all traditionally replicated discs. No BD-Rs to be seen. You can always tell when a set is MOD when it pops up out of nowhere one month and is released the next, like The Beav is.

But yeah, because they're MOD, price drops are... infrequent. The good news is, there are some pretty decent site-based coupon sales coming in the next couple months, so you can read reviews and still have time to pull the trigger on the set if everything works out well.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
The discs will be pressed, just MOD.

Pretty much all of the sets Universal releases on Blu themselves are technically MOD and only available online, but they're all traditionally replicated discs. No BD-Rs to be seen. You can always tell when a set is MOD when it pops up out of nowhere one month and is released the next, like The Beav is.

But yeah, because they're MOD, price drops are... infrequent. The good news is, there are some pretty decent site-based coupon sales coming in the next couple months, so you can read reviews and still have time to pull the trigger on the set if everything works out well.
I think The Andy Griffith Show Complete Series on bluray was MOD. The price fluctuated quite a bit. I actually purchased it for under 80. But it's going for 116 now. So I guess you have to keep your eye on it.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Guess I didn’t read the fine print. This is going to be a MOD Blu-ray release?

Gary “if that’s the case, I certainly agree with you that prices won’t drop like they do with pressed discs” O.
Keep in mind that MOD can also mean pressed. Warner Archive BR discs are MOD but they're also all pressed.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I think The Andy Griffith Show Complete Series on bluray was MOD. The price fluctuated quite a bit. I actually purchased it for under 80. But it's going for 116 now. So I guess you have to keep your eye on it.
If it was MOD, the price definitely fluctuated a lot. I got it for a great price well after it’s released!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
While I would prefer that they release the complete series in HD digital, there being no other option, sure, I’ll spring for the Blu-rays, then make my own rips to digital.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
It’s funnier when Barbara Billingsley is saying it.:laugh:

1697272720464.png
:D!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Yes, that too! I forgot about that. I would be absolutely thrilled if all issues were corrected. This is one of my very favorite shows.
And will there be booklets with photos and episode listings like the DVDs had?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Years ago, I read that the first two seasons were filmed on less expensive film stock.
This morning, I played the last LITB Episode of Season 1, "Cat Out Of the Bag" (Original Airdate: July 16, 1958), from my double sided Universal DVD. Yes, it is a bit grainy, but I prefer that to heavy DNR.

As often noted, the original 2005 Season 1 Universal DVD release correctly has the Episode promos precede the show's opening credits, as these screenshots illustrate:

Promo for the "Cat Out Of The Bag" Episode
screenshot036.jpg

Promo for the "Cat Out Of The Bag" Episode
screenshot037.jpg

Opening Title:
screenshot039.jpg

Screenshot from the promo scene playing within the Episode:
screenshot046.jpg

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks