What's new

UK's Network to release ELIZABETH TAYLOR IN LONDON/SOPHIA LOREN IN ROME on Blu-ray! (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Network in the UK will release a double feature of the 1960s TV specials, Elizabeth Taylor in London and Sophia Loren in Rome, on June 20, 2022 (the same week as Giant in 4K!). I always hoped I'd see these remastered in high definition, but never thought it would happen. I've had a recording of the Elizabeth Taylor special for years and it will be wonderful to see it in high definition. I'm sure it will be like experiencing it for the first time. The Sophia one I will be experiencing for the first time. Can't wait!

1651686306006.png

Two movie legends, two unforgettable cities.

Unseen anywhere for decades and highly sought after, these early '60s TV specials showcase two Hollywood icons travelling through and reflecting upon the cities they love. Newly-remastered in High Definition from original film elements, both shows feature sweeping, evocative scores from world-famous composer John Barry.

Elizabeth Taylor, who was born in London and lived there as a child, returns to the city that will forever be in her blood and gives her impressions of and reactions to the mosaic of London and Londoners she encounters during her visit.

In a show never seen in the UK, Sophia Loren follows Taylor's lead, but this time in Rome. She meets Marcello Mastroianni and Vittorio de Sica as she visits the sights, affectionately commenting on the grandeur of the Eternal City and the irrepressible nature of its people.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
[] Limited edition booklet by John Barry experts Geoff Leonard & Pete Walker
[] Elizabeth Taylor in London: original US broadcast presentation
[] Image gallery, featuring many behind-the-scenes stills

moviepas

Supporting Actor
Network in the UK will release a double feature of the 1960s TV specials, Elizabeth Taylor in London and Sophia Loren in Rome, on June 20, 2022 (the same week as Giant in 4K!). I always hoped I'd see these remastered in high definition, but never thought it would happen. I've had a recording of the Elizabeth Taylor special for years and it will be wonderful to see it in high definition. I'm sure it will be like experiencing it for the first time. The Sophia one I will be experiencing for the first time. Can't wait!

View attachment 137079

Two movie legends, two unforgettable cities.

Unseen anywhere for decades and highly sought after, these early '60s TV specials showcase two Hollywood icons travelling through and reflecting upon the cities they love. Newly-remastered in High Definition from original film elements, both shows feature sweeping, evocative scores from world-famous composer John Barry.

Elizabeth Taylor, who was born in London and lived there as a child, returns to the city that will forever be in her blood and gives her impressions of and reactions to the mosaic of London and Londoners she encounters during her visit.

In a show never seen in the UK, Sophia Loren follows Taylor's lead, but this time in Rome. She meets Marcello Mastroianni and Vittorio de Sica as she visits the sights, affectionately commenting on the grandeur of the Eternal City and the irrepressible nature of its people.

SPECIAL FEATURES:
[] Limited edition booklet by John Barry experts Geoff Leonard & Pete Walker
[] Elizabeth Taylor in London: original US broadcast presentation
[] Image gallery, featuring many behind-the-scenes stills
Already ordered from Network.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks