What's new

Amazon Gold Box Deal Day: Singin' In The Rain 60th Anniversary (Blu-ray) $35.49 (58% off) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
singin.jpeg

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
This is actually a very nice set, with a full color booklet, beautiful transfer on Blu-Ray, and a portable umbrella that came in handy yesterday.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I keep trying to read the review for the SINGIN' IN THE RAIN 60th Anniversary Collector's Blu-ray/DVD Combo within this forum, but the page keeps blanking out on me, regardless of which Browser I use! :(

I've tried Google Chrome, the latest IE and Microsoft Edge, all without success! :P

This is the page I'm trying to access: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/316007-singin%E2%80%99-in-the-rain-60th-anniversary-collector%E2%80%99s-edition-blu-ray-review/

The page for the above displays for about 2 seconds, but then goes grey! Refreshing doesn't help!

Any suggestions?

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I decided to take the plunge and order this set, as it was just way too good a deal to pass up!

However, I did so with a few slight (And maybe one not so slight?) caveats:

- It turns out the only English soundtrack is in 5.1 surround, rather than the original mono. Curiously, though a couple of HTF members brought it up, this issue was not addressed by any of the experts on the main "Singin' In The Rain Blu-ray" HTF Forum, and as I addressed above, the HTF Blu-ray Review for this is very inconveniently inaccessible (To me, at least!) at the moment! I was able to find a review on Blu-ray.com that gave the audio 5 stars, despite it not being original mono, which it did acknowledge!

- Due to the timing of this unexpected Amazon "Deal of the Day," I was forced to choose between this and my preorder of MY FAIR LADY: THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION. SINGIN' IN THE RAIN is one of a very few films that I would pick over this (I first viewed this on VideoDisc, well over 3 decades ago!), especially with the many extras included (Oh, that book and umbrella!), and I still plan to get MFL50, hopefully in the not too distant future....

....Which brings me to my final, but potentially huge caveat:

- As fate would have it, I've run into some unfortunate technical issue Amazon Canada is apparently experiencing, in which my repeated attempts at the cancellation of my other order aren't going through! Instead, after each attempt, I'm greeted with the following message:

Important Message
We're sorry. An error occurred when we tried to process your request. Rest assured, we're working to resolve the problem as soon as possible. Please try again in a few minutes.

As I only have enough funds to cover one of my two orders, I guess it'll come down to "First past the post!" Fellow Canadian HTF members will get this political analogy, especially with our recent Federal Election, and that's as close to politics as I'll get on here!

Perhaps the ghosts of Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison are trying to stop me? ;)

UPDATE: It looks like SINGIN' IN THE RAIN made it first! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Aaron Silverman said:
FWIW, I'm not having any trouble accessing that review page (using Chrome).

Hi Aaron!

After clearing out my Google Chrome cache, I'm now able to access the review page, though it still seems odd that it was the only HTF page I was unable to access!

Of course, it was the one HTF Topic that actually commented about the lack of an original English mono audio track! :P

Tony

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Despite neither Amazon Canada (Not surprisingly!) nor Canada Post (Definitely surprisingly!) tracking listing it as such, the SINGIN' IN THE RAIN 60TH ANNIVERSARY ULTIMATE COLLECTOR'S EDITION arrived in the mail this afternoon!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks