Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 4-30-2013

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 of 50 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted May 02 2013 - 07:24 AM

Best Buy match priced Target for Star Trek TNG 3, but the computer won't allow the additional $5 off coupon on top of it during my experience. And when the clerk asked the manager to override, the manager explains you can't use the coupon on a price match, as well. So, lesson being, good luck with a clerk who can override, and stay away from knowledgeable managers.

Edited by Hollywoodaholic, May 02 2013 - 07:25 AM.

#42 of 50 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,763 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted May 02 2013 - 08:02 AM

That's essentially what happened to me, but I didn't realize the problem until I got to my car. So after some review of the receipt, I went back in to customer service and the nice Geek Squad woman credited my card back.

The store didn't have any more copies of Best of Both Worlds, so I went to Target afterward, out of curiosity. While Target had the disc, it didn't have the third season. After looking at the BoBW, I decided I could wait till it hits the bargain bin (though the documentary sounds kind of cool after watching the ones on Disc 6 of season three).

#43 of 50 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 31,265 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted May 02 2013 - 08:03 AM

..and stay away from knowledgeable managers.

They have those at Best Buy?!?

:biggrin:

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#44 of 50 OFFLINE   Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee

Executive Producer

• 10,763 posts
  • LocationSince 2006

Posted May 02 2013 - 08:08 AM

I haven't always had the greatest experience with the floor staff at my local Best Buy, but the customer service people have generally been really good. It's like they know that the corporate policy and agenda can be onerous or obtuse, so they do whatever they can to compensate.

Though last week I did get the quintessential "are we doing that?" response when I went in to trade in some DVDs.

#45 of 50 OFFLINE   Hollywoodaholic

Hollywoodaholic

Edge of Glory?

• 1,387 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Florida

Posted May 02 2013 - 09:42 AM

They have those at Best Buy?!?

:biggrin:

I believe the term I should have used is "earnest" managers, instead of knowledgeable. Because this one was right out of college, and happy to be firmly towing the company policy line. We much prefer the managers at BB who have grown understandably cynical with their company, indifferent, and just want to get savvy customers out of their hair, no matter what, and even at BB's expense.

#46 of 50 OFFLINE   Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Lead Actor

• 9,854 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 02 2013 - 11:31 AM

I was in the TV department at Best Buy last week for the first time in many years, and the guy working there actually admitted not knowing the answer to a question (where in the past, they would make up incredible BS stories). I was pleasantly shocked and let him know that I might actually consider buying something there. :)

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#47 of 50 OFFLINE   Dave Corder

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator

• 127 posts

Posted May 04 2013 - 03:11 PM

Dave, I find the Lynnwood store to be pretty crappy most of the time.  With the kinda miserable, terrible, no good, very bad week I've had, it might be better for my blood pressure (and criminal record) to avoid BB.  It doesn't seem worth it right now.

Sorry to hear that, man (and I totally understand). If it helps, I just picked up the pair at the Northgate store with the full match to Target and the two coupons. :) The cashier was friendly and polite as she punched in all the price overrides (the coupons didn't apply automatically, so she applied them manually), and thanked me for being patient while she did all that.Cheers!

#48 of 50 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,769 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 04 2013 - 05:09 PM

Question for the "Star Trek: TNG" fans: What's the point of buying the Best of Both Worlds release? Isn't the first half on the Season 3 set, and won't the second half be on the Season 4 set? Is it just a matter of not waiting for the Season 4 set to get the second half on Blu?I'm always a little curious about what motivates other people's buying decisions.

#49 of 50 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,946 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted May 04 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sorry to hear that, man (and I totally understand). If it helps, I just picked up the pair at the Northgate store with the full match to Target and the two coupons. :) The cashier was friendly and polite as she punched in all the price overrides (the coupons didn't apply automatically, so she applied them manually), and thanked me for being patient while she did all that.Cheers!

That sounds like an excellent interaction with a BB employee!  Yay! 

Question for the "Star Trek: TNG" fans: What's the point of buying the Best of Both Worlds release? Isn't the first half on the Season 3 set, and won't the second half be on the Season 4 set? Is it just a matter of not waiting for the Season 4 set to get the second half on Blu?I'm always a little curious about what motivates other people's buying decisions.

It's a couple things for me, Adam.  One, there are some extras on the standalone movie disc that won't be on either season set.  Second, the movie cut is different from the two episodes (but not vastly different).  And three, I'm a collector and will grab almost anything related to Trek.

#50 of 50 OFFLINE   Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt

Executive Producer

• 14,769 posts
  • LocationAlbany, NY

Posted May 05 2013 - 05:38 AM

Gotcha, Jason. I didn't realize there were two different cuts and different special features. That makes a lot of sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users