What's new

Weekly RoundUp 3-4-2014 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Posted Image

The Features

Posted Image

– JenniferLawrence(The Hunger Games: Catching Fire – 2013)

Posted Image

– 12 Years aSlave – 2013

Posted Image

–Charlton Heston& Rex Harrison(The Agony and the Ecstasy– 1965) 

Posted Image

–Sonewherein Time–1980

Posted Image

–Fried GreenTomatoes – 1991

The Prices
Posted Image
Clickon the Amazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickable linkon a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

DVDs  Amazon BestBuy Target
12 Years a Slave $14.99 $14.99 $14.99
Big Bad Wolf $26.95
Bloodlust [Film Chest Restored Version -1961] $10.78
Bob Dylan:  30thAnniversaryConcert $19.88
Cold Comes the Night $26.99
Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor $9.49
Girl Rising $18.96
The Grandmaster $14.98 $12.99
Hours $12.99
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire  [Friday, March 7 release] $17.99 $17.99 $15.99
The Iran Job $22.46
Je'Caryous Johnson's for Love Or Money $13.48
The Last Days on Mars $12.96
Oldboy $18.96
Rawhide: The Seventh Season Volume 1 $44.99
Rawhide: The Seventh Season Volume 2 $44.99
Reportero $22.98
Teen Titans Go: Mission to MisbehaveSeason 1 Pt 1 $12.96
The Venture Bros: The Fantastic FifthSeason $18.96 $16.99
The Visitor   $27.95
Wicked Blood $9.96

Posted Image
Click on theAmazon price to buy from Amazon and support HTF!

Any clickablelink on a title listedbelow will take you to our own HTF review!

Blu-rays  Amazon BestBuy Target
12 Years a Slave $19.99 $19.99 $19.99
TheAgony and the Ecstasy $22.98
An American Tail $14.99
Bob Dylan: 30th Anniversary Concert $19.88
Cold Comes the Night $22.98
Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor $11.99
Far and Away   $16.99
Fried Green Tomatoes   $14.96
Garden State   $16.18
The Grandmaster $14.99 $14.99
Hairspray $9.96
Harry and the Hendersons   $17.98
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire [ComboPack][Friday, March 7 Release] $19.99 $22.99 $19.99
Intolerable Cruelty   $17.98
Johnson Family Vacation $12.96
The Last Days on Mars $14.96
Oldboy $22.99
Simple Wish, A   $17.98
Somewhere in Time   $14.96
The Venture Bros: The Fantastic FifthSeason $24.96 $21.99
The Visitor   $24.99
Wicked Blood $22.48

The Disclaimer

Standard disclaimer:All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, or from theirprinted Sunday advertisements. All prices are subject to change by eachchain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the websiteprice.

I, obviously, cannot include EVERY title released in a given week inthe RoundUp.The titles included are those that I am interested in...as well asthose which I consider will be of interest to a majority of consumers(and sometimes I’ll miss one!). I don't get paid for this,and I don't have the time to list every DVD. So, please don'tcomplain! If there is a title not includedin the RoundUp that youwant to see, PLEASE just look it up yourself, and be nice enough topost and share the results with everyone!

Note that I cannot include Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club prices in the RoundUp.They set prices at individual stores based on nearby competition, sothere is no way I can say here what price you'll find at YOUR localWal-Mart/Sam’s Club location. And, Circuit City is still outof business...even in Hawaii (where they NEVER guaranteed their pricesanyway).

The Specials

--BestBuy, this week, has two different COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK CASES for itsone-disc ($17.99) release of The Hunger Games and combo pack ($22.99)of The Hunger Games:Catching Fire.  For collectors, BB will be glad to sell youone of each for a total of just $27.99.  Must be purchased onsame receipt and offer good only on 3-7-14 and 3-8-14.  

--Youcan algo get, at BestBuy, this week, $8 in Fandango cash to see Divergent in theaters3-21-14 with the purchase of either collectible steelbook. Offerexpires 5-14-14.  Valid for up to $8 Fandangocash on Certificate--valid one ticket on Fandango.com. Internet access and printer 3-7-14 thru 3-23-14 required toredeem.  See specially marked packages for details. While supplies last.  Offer valid in US only.

--Thefollowing recentBlu-ray releases are on sale this week at Best Buy:

$22.99: Gravity (CP).

$27.99: Gravity (3-D CP)..

--Getup to $8 off an admission ticket to see 300: Rise of an Empire (intheaters 3-7-14) when you purchase these or other select titles:

300: $9.99 Blu/$4.99 DVD.
Clash of the Titans:  $9.99 Blu/$6.99 DVD.

--BBhas the following Blutitles on sale this week for $9.99 and BUY ONE, GET ONE, too!

$9.99: The Amazing Spider-Man, 21 Jump Street, Looper, Total Recall, EvilDead, Dead Man Down, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Cloudy With aChance of Meatballs.

--BestBuy Odds and Ends: None to report.

--Targetthis week has anEXCLUSIVE RELEASE of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.  For$22.99, you can get a Blu Combo Pack three-disc release. Includes an extra disc with 45 minutes of exclusive bonuscontent and a booklet.

--Targetis also advertising The Hunger Games this week for $11.00 DVD/$13.00Blu. 

--Targetis also advertising EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISCS in Blu-ray releases of bothCars and Cars 2 (from Pixar) for $22.99 apiece.  And...buy a Neon Racer (toy car)for $4.99 and one of the Blu-ray releases and save $5 on the movie.

--Target Odds and Ends: None to report.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Thanks Mike! Just an FYI I fixed some issues with the links to the WRU on the top of the side bar and on the front page.

I also want to note that if you haven't filled out our survey yet please do, only a week left! You could win one of the following prizes: Power Sound Audio XS30 Subwoofer (reviewed here), iPad Mini, one of two Blu-ray prize packs (Prometheus, District 9, Kick-Ass, Machete, and Rio) or one of three copies of Casablanca 70th Anniversary Edition on Blu-ray. Must be over 18 and a HTF member to win. Winners will be chosen at random. Not an member? Sign up for a free account here.

You can find the survey here

Hunger Games is all for me this week, looks like Target is the place to go, cheapest and the extra disc!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Adam Gregorich said:
Hunger Games is all for me this week, looks like Target is the place to go, cheapest and the extra disc!
Don't get confused, Adam. The regular combo pack is $19.99 at Target. But if you want the bonus disc, you are back up to $22.99.

Thanks for the fixes!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike,

I think that 300 Spartans is an import as the domestic release of the same title came out last Tuesday.

By the way, I hope you're feeling better.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks for the RoundUp, Mike. Something so many of us look forward to each week.

I'm slated to review several more of this week's releases that haven't gotten here yet. We'll see what actually comes.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Only one for me this week. My number one favorite movie. Somewhere In Time. Probably not remastered and no new extras though. Now I just need...... Heaven Can Wait. On Borrowed Time.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just Catching Fire (I can't believe it's coming out already!). I'm waiting for the Amazon preorder to drop to the Target pice.

Thanks Mike!!

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jason_V said:
Just Catching Fire (I can't believe it's coming out already!). I'm waiting for the Amazon preorder to drop to the Target pice. Thanks Mike!!
It just did.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
It's great to see you back on the weekly update, Mike. Glad your recovery is going well.

Just Somewhere in Time for me this week. I will borrow the new Hunger Games release from a co-worker. I do not have the need to own the HG films.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Thanks as always, Mike.

Anybody know if the special features (that aren't exclusive to Target's release) for Catching Fire are limited to the combo packs? I really don't need a DVD or digital copy, so I'd be up for the $17.99 steelbook at Best Buy, but I don't want to miss out on the “Surviving the Game" making-of documentary.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Somewhere in Time was a favorite of mine when it first showed up on HBO (Along with Time After Time... loved those time travel flicks). Have to wonder how the movie holds up after all these years.

I want to see 12 Years a Slave, but that will probably be a rental since most folks I have talked to said seeing it once was enough!

And Catching Fire for the little lady!

Great to see you back in action, Mike!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Thanks for the Round-up, Mike! When the next Scarlet movie comes out on BD I know your recovery will be complete.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To all of you kind enough to send best wishes:

Thanks so much for your many notes and posts about my health. Each and every one is sooooo appreciated and humbling.

Just a quick few words to say that now that I am at home (in the comfort of my own WiFi network!) I think I am ready to be back at the helm of the weekly WRU. So far, so good I guess. :biggrin: But I have got a very long way to go--for example, before I am back to work or even ready to drive again.

Don't take your health for granted. Embrace it and think about all the things it makes possible for you to do. I am missing so many of those those things now. Don't get me wrong. I am blessed to be alive and with my family. But it is taking some creativity on my part to be wondering what kind of service I can provide in my current state. Fortunately, the HTF seems to be one outlet for my energies! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Thanks all.

Mike

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
--Best Buy, this week, has two different COLLECTIBLE STEELBOOK CASES for its one-disc ($17.99) and combo packs ($22.99) of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire. For collectors, BB will be glad to sell you one of each for a total of just $27.99. Must be purchased on same receipt and offer good only on 3-7-14 and 3-8-14.
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike! Glad you're back.

That being said, the way I'm reading the ad, the non-combo pack $17.99 steelbook seems to be for the original Hunger Games film from 2012, not Catching Fire (which also explains why it is not a combo pack, since the original film was never released that way). I don't thinnk there is a non-combo pack release of Catching Fire. If in fact the $17.99 steelbook is for the first one, this makes the combined purchase offer make way more sense, because buying two copies of the same film wouldn't make a lot of sense. (I guess you could do it, but it's not like they have different content on the discs themselves if they're the same movie ) Even though Best Buy's website labels this as "Hunger Games: Catching Fire," the artwork only says "The Hunger Games" so I'm thinking it is a misprint on their part.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hunger+Games%253A+Catching+Fire+%2528Blu-ray+Disc%2529/3896279.p?skuId=3896279&productCategoryId=cat02015&id=2988433

Since I never picked up the first one when it came out originally, I'm in for this deal.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
JakeLip said:
Thanks for the Roundup, Mike! Glad you're back.

That being said, the way I'm reading the ad, the non-combo pack $17.99 steelbook seems to be for the original Hunger Games film from 2012, not Catching Fire (which also explains why it is not a combo pack, since the original film was never released that way). I don't thinnk there is a non-combo pack release of Catching Fire.
GOOD catch! Your post saved me from a potentially erroneous purchase. That being said, if it IS the case, whoever labeled the $17.99 release "Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray Disc)" on the Best Buy website is going to be in trouble, because the mislabeling is going to confuse a lot of people.

Looks like I'm going to Target on Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks