What's new

Weekly RoundUp 4-30-2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Aly said:
Amazon price matched Target:

STNG-BOBW $14.99:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BAXTY8U/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

STNG-Season 3 $59.99
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B7VZN76/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

As mentioned by other members, Target is the best deal when buying both with $10.00 off.
Mike Frezon said:
Amazon has also dropped its price on the Blu of Silver Linings Playbook to $22.99.
And both of those updates have now been included in the OP.

David Dias

Stunt Coordinator
Jason_V said:
I will be getting both release even though I'm not happy with the way both episodes were cut together. It almost feels slapdash and removes all the tension in the original two parter. A comparison is on YouTube:

Thanks for posting that video Jason; you made a good point about the loss of tension, but I'll be picking this up as well. No way I'm waiting several months to watch the conclusion of Best of Both Worlds. After all, resistance is futile. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
David Dias said:
Thanks for posting that video Jason; you made a good point about the loss of tension, but I'll be picking this up as well. No way I'm waiting several months to watch the conclusion of Best of Both Worlds. After all, resistance is futile. :)
Super welcome! The other thing I found at the theater event last Thursday is all the changes between seasons are really noticeable. These episodes, when viewed continuously, really feel like two separate installments instead of one 90-ish minute movie. That being said, I am such a completist there's no way I don't grab this disc. After all, I will be keeping the TNG Sampler Disc, too!

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
So, I take it Best Buy can't be bothered with the likes of Funny Girl?

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
oops. You mean the review that I read, and totally glossed over that! Well, all right then. I should have pre-ordered, but shall make up for that right now.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Did awesome at Best Buy with Star Trek TNG season 3 and Best Of Both Worlds. Got them to price match the Target deal AND use two $5 upgrade and save coupons. Price for both: $54.98. :)

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Tino said:
Did awesome at Best Buy with Star Trek TNG season 3 and Best Of Both Worlds.Got them to price match the Target deal AND use two $5 upgrade and save coupons.Price for both: $54.98. :)
That's super, Tino! Gives me a bit of hope for this weekend at this point. :cool:

Dave Corder

Stunt Coordinator
Jason_V said:
That's super, Tino! Gives me a bit of hope for this weekend at this point. :cool:
Good luck with that...I went to the Northgate BB store this morning, traded in two DVDs and an HD-DVD, and got my trade-in receipt and coupon. However, it turned out that they didn't have BoBW, so I went up to the Lynnwood store, which had some left. Got there, grabbed both of 'em, and headed to checkout. Got shot down on the $10 price match (I think the cashier and the manager she called over didn't understand (or care) that it was an additional $10 off the prices in the Target ad). Then, to top it off, they only gave me one of the $5 trade-and-save discounts because the Northgate store had only given me one actual coupon attached to the receipt showing all three trade-ins and, for some reason, the Lynnwood store wanted an actual coupon for each item and told me to take it up with the Northgate store. Oy.

I walked out paying more for the two items than I would have if I had just gone to Target in the first place...I plan to go back to the Northgate store tonight or tomorrow and hopefully get them to fix the pricematch and the trade-in coupon (the coupon thing more for general principle...I have a huge stack of old DVDs I could trade in for more, so it's not like those were my one and only trade-ins). The Northgate store has generally been hassle-free for pricematching deals for me, so I'm optimistic right now.

Shoulda just left my Amazon pre-orders alone and saved myself the hassle.

Anyway, thanks for the Roundup, Mike!

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I keep forgetting to pre calculate the expected total, because inevitably Best Buy systems will get it wrong. The price match and the upgrade coupon wound up not playing nice, so I had to go to customer service to make the adjustment.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Dave, I find the Lynnwood store to be pretty crappy most of the time. With the kinda miserable, terrible, no good, very bad week I've had, it might be better for my blood pressure (and criminal record) to avoid BB. It doesn't seem worth it right now.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jason_V said:
With the kinda miserable, terrible, no good, very bad week I've had, it might be better for my blood pressure (and criminal record) to avoid BB. It doesn't seem worth it right now.
No Good Terrible - Jason copy.jpg

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I heart you, Mike. :lol: That made me laugh and I sssssoooo completely needed that. Thank you, good sir.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
You betcha they do! And if the last four weeks (and today) are any indication, I'm in for some super excellent time in the near future! What doesn't kill us...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks