What's new

Getting no sound (1 Viewer)

deckerone

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan Hughes
Have NAD T753 reciever, Polk RTiA7 speakers and Paradigm sub. At the moment I am using a crappy cd player which is actually a karioke machine for the CD input just so I can work on speaker position. New CD player on the way but not here yet. I believe I have everything hooked up properly but am getting no sound? any comments would be appreciated. I mean no noise at all.

deckerone

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan Hughes
I am now thinking maybe it is my speaker connections, they have 4 inputs in the back of the speakers but I have only 2 wires going to each, they do have a bribge running between the neg and pos connections so I thought they were connected? what am I missing?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on your description, those speakers can be bi-amped. With the "bridge" running between the terminals, you have them connected correctly.
Just to be sure. Are you describing a terminal like this? http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-281

deckerone

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan Hughes
Yes that is correct, so I now have sound but it comes on pretty loud and my reciever will not allow any cantrol of the volume. I think it is in the settings and was set up for a 6.1 set up and I am just running two speakers and a sub, cant seem to get remote to adjust it either and main settings can only be viewed through a monitor and not on the min panel. Am I making any sense?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks