What's new

A New Receiver (2 Viewers)

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
My old Panasonic receiver is finally giving up the ghost so I am in the market for a new one. I am trying to decide between The Marantz Cinema 60, Yamaha RX-A6A and the Denon AVR-X4800H. Most of my viewing is either on television (streaming through my cable company), the occasional blu-ray andI still listen to music a lot on the system as well. (Cd's, phonos). I live in a condo and the set-up is in the living room so I am not playing it at massive volumes but do want it to sound good. I am not a gamer so that is not a consideration. I still have my old Panasonic plasma television but it will soon need to be replaced, probably with a good 4K OLED. My current speakers are Polks with an 8 ohm rating (center is CSis, right and left front are RTi6 plus two rear speakers). Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I know whatever I get I will likely have for years.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
My only recommendation is that if music is a primary concern and you, for example, prefer analog hook ups, make sure your choice supports that. My experience is that what sounds good for music will sound good for movies but not necessarily the reverse. Many new AVRs are purely digital now.
If not, then your choices are more open.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Any of those will be great. All three of those brands are solid right now.

xx Brian xx

Second Unit
Real Name
Brian
Are you going to listen to music with the streaming service in the receiver? I would check out demo's for Heos and MusicCast. I really like my Marantz receiver but avoid Heos because I don't care for how it works. In my opinion, MusicCast from Yamaha is easier to use.
I dislike Heos enough that I bought a Sonos Port and connected it to the Marantz for streaming music.
All three receivers are very good, as John stated above, and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Any receiver at that level will have multiple analog inputs. All of those also have a Phono input.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Saw this one at Costco today:

1698373898133.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks