What's new

New AVR Recommendations (1 Viewer)

nydave

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Detor
My current receiver, Onkyo TX-NR696 is starting to act up, ( shut off by itself, automatically going to menu items and then shutting down). I took the remote out of the equation just in case it was something with that. Being it's Christmas time I only have around a $700 budget. The Onkyo is less than a year old so I'm not looking for another of the same brand. Because it's still under warranty I'm going to send it out for repair, and then I'll keep it as a spare or sell it. Any insight or recommendations greatly appreciated. Room Size is 14x20. Listening position about 10ft from front Stage. Current Speaker Setup:
All Klipsch:
Front L/R RP-600mii
Center RP-504cii
Sub RP-121sw
Surround RP-402s

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Something from Denon really is your best option right now.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They're not quite equal models. The Denon 970 is more equivalent to the Yamaha RXV6A. Either should be good. Currently there tends to be some glitches with a lot of new receivers, but Denon/Marantz is solid, and as far as I can tell, Yamaha is as well.

nydave

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave Detor
Also thinking about
Denon AVR-X2700h. A little more than I wanted to spend, but it's $300 off right now, but still $200 more than the Yamaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks