Getting no sound

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by deckerone, Jun 9, 2012.

1. deckerone

deckerone Auditioning

Have NAD T753 reciever, Polk RTiA7 speakers and Paradigm sub. At the moment I am using a crappy cd player which is actually a karioke machine for the CD input just so I can work on speaker position. New CD player on the way but not here yet. I believe I have everything hooked up properly but am getting no sound? any comments would be appreciated. I mean no noise at all.

2. deckerone

deckerone Auditioning

I am now thinking maybe it is my speaker connections, they have 4 inputs in the back of the speakers but I have only 2 wires going to each, they do have a bribge running between the neg and pos connections so I thought they were connected? what am I missing?

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Based on your description, those speakers can be bi-amped. With the "bridge" running between the terminals, you have them connected correctly.
    Just to be sure. Are you describing a terminal like this? http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=260-281

4. deckerone

deckerone Auditioning

Yes that is correct, so I now have sound but it comes on pretty loud and my reciever will not allow any cantrol of the volume. I think it is in the settings and was set up for a 6.1 set up and I am just running two speakers and a sub, cant seem to get remote to adjust it either and main settings can only be viewed through a monitor and not on the min panel. Am I making any sense?