What's new

Slow typing at HTF (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
I have a laptop that I bought last spring running Vista with Firefox. I use it for my leisure computer including HTF. Recently though it has become very slow when I type posts at HTF. I can finish typing my entire sentience and the letters for the first few words are appearing slowly on the screen. Sometimes the screen does a "blip" and it forgets the rest of the sentience and I have to retype it again. I do not have this issue when typing anywhere else or in Word - Just the HTF posts. Any ideas why?

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Yes, but I think it is an issue with my laptop. I don't have any issues with any other computers and it started only recently. I do belong to a weather station forum also and I don't have the issue posting there though.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
That's really odd. You would think it would be the same for you on other sites and yet as far as I know you are the only one that has been having an issue with this particular problem on HTF. We haven't added anything recently that I can attribute to that.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Well I installed the "Important Updates" from Microsoft this morning. There was no lagging while I typed this post. It would make since that they could have caused the issue because their updates were the only changes made to this computer. Well after one week of running Registry Repair, Rebooting the computer, pulling my hair out (whats left anyway), etc., I am glad to see that MS has fixed the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks