Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#201 of 208 Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins

Producer

• 3,887 posts

Posted September 02 2008 - 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
I wonder if I live to see the day that people just let the prequels alone. If you didn't like them, that's fine but why do people continue to harp on it?

I think everyone knows that I love and defend the PT. These are just suggestions that, IMHO, would have made the PT even better.

#202 of 208 John Mansor

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted September 08 2008 - 07:40 AM

I can't believe how little money this made. I know people will say it still made a profit, but I just can get over a Star Wars film making under 100 million. I have to admit I hope this send a message to George Lucas that no one is interested in this part of the storyline.

#203 of 208 Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk

Screenwriter

• 2,833 posts

Posted September 08 2008 - 07:56 AM

What are the chances of a future live action 7, 8, and 9?

#204 of 208 TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 21,434 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted September 08 2008 - 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mansor
I can't believe how little money this made. I know people will say it still made a profit, but I just can get over a Star Wars film making under 100 million. I have to admit I hope this send a message to George Lucas that no one is interested in this part of the storyline.
I don't know about no one being interested. The movie has made about $32 million in the US and if you figure the cost of a ticket is about $8 (though I think it's closer to $7), that's about 4 million people who saw the movie. If just 1/4 of those people who paid to see the movie watch the TV series for free, that would be a million viewers and I doubt Cartoon Network has many shows that even come close to a million viewers.

#205 of 208 Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer

• 14,836 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas

Posted September 08 2008 - 09:48 AM

Was it a limited engagement, or do theaters rip films out when they underperform? Because, a week after I saw this on the theater's biggest screen, it was completely gone.

#206 of 208 Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted September 08 2008 - 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk
What are the chances of a future live action 7, 8, and 9?

It's been made pretty clear that we'll never see those films. Things can always change of course, but I don't think it will ever happen.
"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#207 of 208 John Mansor

John Mansor

Stunt Coordinator

• 217 posts

Posted September 09 2008 - 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR
I don't know about no one being interested. The movie has made about $32 million in the US and if you figure the cost of a ticket is about $8 (though I think it's closer to $7), that's about 4 million people who saw the movie. If just 1/4 of those people who paid to see the movie watch the TV series for free, that would be a million viewers and I doubt Cartoon Network has many shows that even come close to a million viewers.

I understand what you are saying, but I am still shocked with how little money this made. I wonder if George Lucas was anticipating such a low number.

#208 of 208 Dave Mack

Dave Mack

Producer

• 4,665 posts

Posted September 12 2008 - 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Arnette
Apart from her nicknaming everything, I like Ahsoka a lot more than I suspected I would. In fact, there is more chemistry between Anakin and Ahsoka in this 90 minute cartoon than there was between Anakin and Padme over the course of roughly seven hours of prequel movies. Posted Image

There was more chemistry in my 3 second exchange with the ticket taker at the Ziegfeld then there was between Anakin and Padme over the course of roughly seven hours of prequel movies...

Posted Image

Back to Movies (Theatrical)

Forum Nav Content I Follow