What's new

New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The less of Grevious, the better. Ditching Matt Wood would be a big step. But, no. According to the IMDb, he's back. He almost singlehandedly sunk the film. Then again, it's probably not really his fault. He just delivered what Lucas wanted.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm sure if Sam Jackson comes back, it'll because he enjoyed playing Mace Windu and wants to do it again. It's not like he'll be getting a big pay check on a TV show budget and it would be just as easy to get someone else to do his voice too.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

I'm confused. Isn't this a theatrical release of the Clone Wars cartoons from Cartoon network?

All but C3P0 and Greivous had voices already. It's done. There is no need to get new actors to do any voices. There is no pre-production necessary -- they even used origianl SW themes and sound effects. They're done. It's an easy cash grab for Lucas -- plain and simple.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Call me excited about this and the TV series. this will have to be damn good to drag me into the theater to see it. At this point I'll wait for DVD. Hopefully the TV show will be available for online viewing. What channel will be running it? Anyone know? ABC and CBS both have streaming versions of their shows. LOST looks particularly good streamed in HD on my PC monitor. It's not as smooth as I'd like but I usually don't notice the very slight occasional jerkiness when there's a lot of movement.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Looking forward to this. I still think the two volumes of Clone Wars done for Cartoon Network were outstanding, some of the best Star Wars ever made.

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
I can't tell if this interests me or not. I liked the previous cartoon but I guess following these particular characters some more doesn't grab me. I suppose I've had my fill of the prequel cast/era and would like to see Star Wars go somewhere it hasn't been before.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Seeing that trailer, and how cool it looks, I can't help but think how great it would be to have an animated film set between Episode IV and V, or V and VI. Or maybe after VI. Maybe someday.

Patrick H.

Second Unit
I don't know...looking at that trailer, the mix of highly stylized 3D humans amid the nearly photo-real backgrounds and hardware is a bit unnerving. The stylized look was great for the cel-animated show, but something about the movement here doesn't really work.

Also, you can chalk me up as pretty much done with this era of the franchise. In a fictional universe with so many possibilites, that they keep boxing themselves further and further into established areas of it (a trend the rumored live-action TV show is set to continue) is somewhat mystifying.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think you'll ever see those "small, experimental films". Lucas was swallowed up long ago by his creation, and he'll never get away from it. It would be like expecting General Motors to become a small, experimental car company.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Finally got around to watching the trailer. Disappointed. I thought it would look more realistic. Very cartoony. Not that I have a problem with cartoony...it's just if the previous 3 films had been more enjoyable it would be worth the trouble of time and money on a theater visit. An animated TV series with this same style is exciting though.

Nutshell for me: Great for TV not great for cinema.

Again, I hope this will appear online so I can view it HD streaming. Mr. Lucas, that's the future of TV dude. Make it happen please sir. And thanks for the cartoon. If you buy the ticket and popcorn I'll take the time...otherwise I'll wait until it appears on TV.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I agree with Radioman plus, I'm really not that interested in the Clone Wars anymore. I'd much rather see something that takes place between Episodes III and IV or something after Episode VI.

Sean Laughter

Screenwriter
I get the feeling if we had software that could synthesize computer generated voices to a satisfactory level Lucas would use that completely get rid of actors entirely in his projects. :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all the criticism of this project. I mean, it is Star Wars after all so there has to be a lot of disappointment and complaining, right? Personally, I think the animation looks fantastic and the whole thing looks like a fun experiment. Naturally I'd much rather see more live-action Star Wars films, but this is better than nothing IMHO and I'll gladly go see this in the theater come August.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks