New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Lenhardt, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    The less of Grevious, the better. Ditching Matt Wood would be a big step. But, no. According to the IMDb, he's back. He almost singlehandedly sunk the film. Then again, it's probably not really his fault. He just delivered what Lucas wanted.

2. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm sure if Sam Jackson comes back, it'll because he enjoyed playing Mace Windu and wants to do it again. It's not like he'll be getting a big pay check on a TV show budget and it would be just as easy to get someone else to do his voice too.

3. Brett_M

Brett_M Screenwriter

Brett Meyer

I'm confused. Isn't this a theatrical release of the Clone Wars cartoons from Cartoon network?

All but C3P0 and Greivous had voices already. It's done. There is no need to get new actors to do any voices. There is no pre-production necessary -- they even used origianl SW themes and sound effects. They're done. It's an easy cash grab for Lucas -- plain and simple.

4. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Call me excited about this and the TV series. this will have to be damn good to drag me into the theater to see it. At this point I'll wait for DVD. Hopefully the TV show will be available for online viewing. What channel will be running it? Anyone know? ABC and CBS both have streaming versions of their shows. LOST looks particularly good streamed in HD on my PC monitor. It's not as smooth as I'd like but I usually don't notice the very slight occasional jerkiness when there's a lot of movement.

5. Shane D

Shane D Supporting Actor

its an all new 3d animated show, not cell animated like the original.

6. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Looking forward to this. I still think the two volumes of Clone Wars done for Cartoon Network were outstanding, some of the best Star Wars ever made.

7. Brian D H

Brian D H Second Unit

8. Michael Harris

Michael Harris Screenwriter

Trailer checked. Nice.

9. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

I can't tell if this interests me or not. I liked the previous cartoon but I guess following these particular characters some more doesn't grab me. I suppose I've had my fill of the prequel cast/era and would like to see Star Wars go somewhere it hasn't been before.

10. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Looks really good. The first Yoda clip either has to be Oz, or they've found the best replacement possible.

11. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

I think that you should get this thread retitled to

New STAR WARS cartoon...

Glenn

12. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Sam Favate
    Seeing that trailer, and how cool it looks, I can't help but think how great it would be to have an animated film set between Episode IV and V, or V and VI. Or maybe after VI. Maybe someday.

13. Larry Sutliff

Larry Sutliff Cinematographer

I am a bit burned out on SW, but this does look like fun. I'll probably go to the theater to see it.

14. Patrick H.

Patrick H. Second Unit

I don't know...looking at that trailer, the mix of highly stylized 3D humans amid the nearly photo-real backgrounds and hardware is a bit unnerving. The stylized look was great for the cel-animated show, but something about the movement here doesn't really work.

Also, you can chalk me up as pretty much done with this era of the franchise. In a fictional universe with so many possibilites, that they keep boxing themselves further and further into established areas of it (a trend the rumored live-action TV show is set to continue) is somewhat mystifying.

15. RobertR

RobertR Lead Actor

I don't think you'll ever see those "small, experimental films". Lucas was swallowed up long ago by his creation, and he'll never get away from it. It would be like expecting General Motors to become a small, experimental car company.

16. Radioman970

Radioman970 Lead Actor

James Perry
    Finally got around to watching the trailer. Disappointed. I thought it would look more realistic. Very cartoony. Not that I have a problem with cartoony...it's just if the previous 3 films had been more enjoyable it would be worth the trouble of time and money on a theater visit. An animated TV series with this same style is exciting though.

Nutshell for me: Great for TV not great for cinema.

Again, I hope this will appear online so I can view it HD streaming. Mr. Lucas, that's the future of TV dude. Make it happen please sir. And thanks for the cartoon. If you buy the ticket and popcorn I'll take the time...otherwise I'll wait until it appears on TV.

17. Chris Will

Chris Will Supporting Actor

Chris WIlliams
    I agree with Radioman plus, I'm really not that interested in the Clone Wars anymore. I'd much rather see something that takes place between Episodes III and IV or something after Episode VI.

18. RickER

RickER Producer

Rick
    I hate you Luca$! [​IMG]
    No, but really, it looks like a video game preview to me. Guess thats the market.

19. Sean Laughter

Sean Laughter Screenwriter

I get the feeling if we had software that could synthesize computer generated voices to a satisfactory level Lucas would use that completely get rid of actors entirely in his projects. :)

20. Brent M

Brent M Producer

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at all the criticism of this project. I mean, it is Star Wars after all so there has to be a lot of disappointment and complaining, right? Personally, I think the animation looks fantastic and the whole thing looks like a fun experiment. Naturally I'd much rather see more live-action Star Wars films, but this is better than nothing IMHO and I'll gladly go see this in the theater come August.