New STAR WARS film coming to theaters August 15, 2008

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Adam Lenhardt, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Chris Atkins

Chris Atkins Producer

I think everyone knows that I love and defend the PT. These are just suggestions that, IMHO, would have made the PT even better.

2. John Mansor

John Mansor Stunt Coordinator

I can't believe how little money this made. I know people will say it still made a profit, but I just can get over a Star Wars film making under 100 million. I have to admit I hope this send a message to George Lucas that no one is interested in this part of the storyline.

3. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

What are the chances of a future live action 7, 8, and 9?

4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I don't know about no one being interested. The movie has made about $32 million in the US and if you figure the cost of a ticket is about $8 (though I think it's closer to $7), that's about 4 million people who saw the movie. If just 1/4 of those people who paid to see the movie watch the TV series for free, that would be a million viewers and I doubt Cartoon Network has many shows that even come close to a million viewers.

5. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    Was it a limited engagement, or do theaters rip films out when they underperform? Because, a week after I saw this on the theater's biggest screen, it was completely gone.

6. Brent M

Brent M Producer

It's been made pretty clear that we'll never see those films. Things can always change of course, but I don't think it will ever happen.

7. John Mansor

John Mansor Stunt Coordinator

I understand what you are saying, but I am still shocked with how little money this made. I wonder if George Lucas was anticipating such a low number.

8. Dave Mack

Dave Mack Producer

There was more chemistry in my 3 second exchange with the ticket taker at the Ziegfeld then there was between Anakin and Padme over the course of roughly seven hours of prequel movies...

[​IMG]