What's new

Untitled Star Wars Film (2027) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm probably relatively alone in thinking this but I feel that that's what Marvel has done to itself. Not to a level that people don't enjoy them or won't go see them any more but looking at Wikipedia, Marvel has had 8 movies and 8 TV shows since 2020 which is ALOT of content and some of it is falling between the cracks for the general audience.
For a while it seemed that audiences' thirst for a trip to the Marvel universe, or the Star Wars universe, was insatiable. I still think that had Solo not come out mere weeks after the third Avengers movie (and right after Deadpool 2), it would have been a success. There's just so much time that average people will go to the movies, especially in the summer when there are all sorts of other activities.

That said, while I think Star Wars could have sustained a one-film-per-year policy (I think the audience would support that), I don't think that's the case now. With Disney+ letting us visit that universe for weeks at a time every year, a Star Wars film is going to have to be something spectacular to get billion-dollar audiences. The same is true for Marvel. I think audiences will support three or so movies per year, but then throw in three D+ series per year, and again, there is only so much time average people have for these things. (I say "average people" because I'm not talking about the HTF types for whom cinema is a kind of religion - myself included. That's not a criticism!)

To some extent, I'm still 10 years old where Star Wars is concerned and I want as much as I can get. But the reality is I'd rather have less Star Wars and have it be great. Andor was great - like phenomenally great; it's pretty much the best Star Wars has ever been. I love the Mandalorian, but so far this season has taken a while to get going.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Star Wars should have maintained at least a movie per 18 months strategy. what will be at least 5 years between movies is definitely too much.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Star Wars should have maintained at least a movie per 18 months strategy. what will be at least 5 years between movies is definitely too much.
It's going to be at least 6 years, if not 8.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Never say never but I think the long gaps of time between the Avatars and the gaps between the Star Wars OT & PT and the PT & ST movies argue against that. More importantly, Star Wars is still alive via TV shows (with Baby Yoda being a legitimate pop culture phenomenon) so it's not like SW has been completely off the radar for the public.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm telling you, the cinematographer of Solo single-handedly killed the Star Wars movies! :D

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks