-

Photo
- - - - -

Nick Rewind Collection

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#1 of 129 Steve_Z

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 05:47 AM

The latest Nickelodeon Rewind Collection update, season 2 of "The Adventures Of Pete And Pete" will be released on November 1st.

That is all they announced for now, that could change anytime.

All indeciation are that Pete And Pete sold more than expected, while "Clarissa Explains It All" sales were disappointing.

If you a fan of the old Nickeldeon, so far mixed results in the Rewind Collection. Hopefully they will release more shows on DVD.

#2 of 129 Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek

Screenwriter

• 2,092 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 07:03 AM

It's a shame that the one show I'd like to see get a Nick Rewind edition, You Can't Do That on Television, won't due to rights issues.

#3 of 129 MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti

Producer

• 4,796 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 07:42 AM

Has "Are You Afraid Of The Dark" been announced?

I'd probably get that...

#4 of 129 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 07:56 AM

I'd buy "Are you afraid of the Dark"! Amazon.com has one of those, add your email and we'll tell the studio pages set up for this show. Click Here.

I'll be picking up the 2nd season of P&P.
Posted Image

Posted Image However, I really want to see Alex Mack on DVD! That show was awesome! Posted Image

#5 of 129 Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight

Screenwriter

• 2,515 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 08:36 AM

Nothing new has been announced.
Kyle McKnight

#6 of 129 Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald

Screenwriter

• 2,641 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 09:43 AM

Clarissa should have sold well. I was rewatching the first season and was surprised how smart that show really was. I'm all excited for the future releases. Posted Image

#7 of 129 Steve_Z

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 10:08 AM

Correction, Clarissa season 2 will be released on November 1st. Still, Clarissa season 1 had disappointing sales, and sold much less than Pete and Pete. Which surprised me to, not only was it a good show, but it had more star power than Pete And Pete.

One problem, is a lot of stores are not carry these DVDs. You have to buy them online.

The shows I want the most released on DVD are All That (original version), Kenan & Kel, and Are You Afraid Of The Dark?

#8 of 129 Steve_Z

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 10:17 AM

I have a question for those that brought season 1 of Pete and Pete.

Did they still have the original music? If so, that gives me hope that in future releases of that and other shows they will clear the music rights. Especially for All That, which might have music clearance issues for its musical guests.

#9 of 129 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 11:07 AM

Pete and Pete season 1 has all of the original music, however, it's all indie music so the rights were cheap (this is even mentioned in one of the commentaries). It's a much different situation than All That.

#10 of 129 Steve_Z

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 11:35 AM

Maybe so, but Chappelle's show season 2 DVD, had most of the musical guests. So Viacom is improving on that.

Also they had so many good musical guest into sketches, it would be more incentive to include all of the musical guests. In Living Color DVDs had all of its musical guest.

#11 of 129 Ravi K

Ravi K

Supporting Actor

• 707 posts

Posted August 22 2005 - 11:39 AM

Quote:
Correction, Clarissa season 2 will be released on November 1st. Still, Clarissa season 1 had disappointing sales, and sold much less than Pete and Pete. Which surprised me to, not only was it a good show, but it had more star power than Pete And Pete.

I watched both shows when they were on, but personally I'm looking forward to watching APP again, and don't particularly care about Clarissa. I dunno, I guess I could identify more with the former's oddball humor.

#12 of 129 Mark Edward Heuck

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter

• 1,144 posts

Posted August 23 2005 - 09:16 PM

Quote:
It's a shame that the one show I'd like to see get a Nick Rewind edition, You Can't Do That on Television, won't due to rights issues.

I HEARD THAT! Posted Image

Quote:
Has "Are You Afraid Of The Dark" been announced?

I don't know.

SPLAAASSH!
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

#13 of 129 RyanAn

RyanAn

Screenwriter

• 1,523 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
Also they had so many good musical guest into sketches, it would be more incentive to include all of the musical guests. In Living Color DVDs had all of its musical guest.

It was pretty apparent that several guests in the second season were cut - and even some dance performances.

-

I was very happy with the Pete and Pete Season 1 set, and still need to pick up Clarissa Season 1. I really really want:
[list=1][*]Roundhouse[*]Salute Your Shorts[*]Welcome Freshman[*]GUTS[*]Are You Afraid of the Dark?[/list=1]

Heck, I'll take the whole lot! Just charge my credit card right now Nick!

Ryan

#14 of 129 AnthonyC

AnthonyC

Screenwriter

• 2,341 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 04:10 PM

Oh man--I had completely forgotten about Roundhouse--that was a great show, sort of like an early version of All That. I'm guessing it probably hasn't aged very well though...

#15 of 129 John*P

John*P

Second Unit

• 419 posts

Posted August 24 2005 - 11:59 PM

"Clarissa Explains It All" sales were disappointing.

Steve_Z: Where are you getting this info from? Is this conjecture, or do you have inside sources? I'm not surprised that Pete & Pete would sell very well; its an excellent show with a cult following. But, were Clarissa sales really "disappointing"?

#16 of 129 Antonio_G

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator

• 211 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 01:51 AM

I got Clarissa Explains It: S1 but I can't found Pete & Pete: S1 but I'll keep looking.

Here are the show I would like to see in the future:

Classic All That

My Brother and Me

Cousin Skeeter

Doug

Some of the game shows from NICK I would like to see on DVD..

and more...

Those are the shows I would like to see in the future. I have a feeling that are going to annouce more shows that will be in the Nick Rewind Collection in 2006.

#17 of 129 John*D

John*D

Second Unit

• 492 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 02:38 AM

The Bonus episodes on the Pete & Pete set have the opening credits seen on the regular episodes.

However, if you watch the episodes you'll see that the actors are much younger than the credits. What's up with that? I'm guessing these episodes didn't have an opening sequence when they originally aired, and that it was simply added on for reruns after the show was picked up?

Anyone got info on this?

#18 of 129 Nick=Ma

Nick=Ma

Stunt Coordinator

• 68 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 03:05 AM

Quote:
Anyone got info on this?

They had different opening and closing credits, but they were changed once Nick started running them in regular rotation. I'm guessing they didn't want to confuse the kiddies.

#19 of 129 kevin jb

kevin jb

Auditioning

• 9 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 06:06 AM

the show i want the most from nick on dvd is
you cant do that on television.
kevin,

#20 of 129 Steve_Z

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator

• 164 posts

Posted August 25 2005 - 06:28 AM

Steve_Z: Where are you getting this info from? Is this conjecture, or do you have inside sources? I'm not surprised that Pete & Pete would sell very well; its an excellent show with a cult following. But, were Clarissa sales really "disappointing"?

I got this info from the Amazon DVD rankings. And Clarissa was way under Pete and Pete on the charts.

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow