What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: WandaVision, Loki and The Mandalorian (4K/UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
FOR THE FIRST TIME ON 4K UHD™ AND BLU-RAY™!
LOKI SEASON 1, WANDAVISION, AND
THE MANDALORIAN SEASONS 1 AND 2

df26c65e-5f7a-26cd-16cf-1bb1a8ea4842.png

NEW COLLECTOR’S EDITIONS FROM MARVEL STUDIOS
AND LUCASFILM WITH STEELBOOK® PACKAGING,
EXCLUSIVE ART AND NEW BONUS FEATURES

BURBANK, CA. (AUG 21, 2023) – The Walt Disney Company today announced a number of popular series from Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm will be available on Collector’s Edition 4K UHD and Blu-ray for fans to add to their movie collections, featuring Steelbook packaging, concept art cards and some never-before-seen bonus features.

The titles and dates announced are:
  • Marvel Studios’ Loki: The Complete First Season: September 26, 2023
  • Marvel Studios’ WandaVision: The Complete Series: November 28, 2023
  • Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete First Season: December 12, 2023
  • Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete Second Season: December 12, 2023

All four titles will be available to pre-order from August 28.

Each title will be available nationally on Blu-ray Steelbook with cohesive and collectible brand-new box art designed by popular artist Attila Szarka and collectible concept art cards.

4fecb240-4c39-6dfd-e0bd-97210c11d8d7.png

649aa698-997f-6168-e205-978e71ecab9a.png

7d7ec59d-ce7b-caf9-620d-6c272c1b6d15.png

Arriving just in time for the Disney+ debut of Loki Season 2 this October, disc details for Loki S1 are below. Full details for the other TV series will be shared at a later date.
afad2695-4065-05eb-6987-f081607eecb3.png

Loki S1 Synopsis
Marvel Studios’ Loki features the God of Mischief as he steps out of his brother’s shadow. Set after the events of Avengers: Endgame, this action-packed, time-defying thriller stars Tom Hiddleston as the title characters with Owen Wilson as agent Mobius.

Loki S1 Bonus Features
  • Designing the TVA – Step into the incredible set of Loki Season 1 with Production Designer, Kasra Farahani, and Tom Hiddleston while getting a sneak peek into Season 2.
  • The Official TVA Orientation Video – Miss Minutes explains the inner workings of the TVA timeline in her orientation video.
  • Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Loki Season 1.
  • Deleted Scene: Loki’s Coronation – Mobius reviews some moments from Loki’s timeline, in which Frog Thor makes an appearance during Loki’s coronation.
  • Deleted Scene: The Standoff – Loki holds Sylvie hostage against the TVA in a standoff.
  • Assembled: The Making of Loki – Loki explores the series centering on the MCU’s chief mischief maker.

** Bonus Material Not Rated

Loki S1 Product Specifications
Release Date
Physical: September 26, 2023

Product SKUs
Physical: 4K Ultra HD Steelbook (2 discs), Blu-ray Steelbook (2 discs)

Total Run Time
Approx. 287 Minutes

Aspect Ratio
Physical: 1:78:1

Disc Size
4K UHD Blu-ray: 100GB
Blu-ray: 50GB

U.S. Audio
4K Ultra HD: English Dolby Atmos and 2.0 Dolby Digital Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital
Blu-ray: English 5.1 DTS-HDMA and 2.0 Dolby Digital Descriptive Audio, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital

U.S. Subtitles
4K Ultra HD: English SDH, Spanish, French
Blu-ray: English SDH, Spanish, French

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
How much will each of these cost? I don't see prices listed.

Also, the aspect ratio for Loki is listed as 1.78:1. Is this an error? The show streams in scope on Disney+.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Disney is turning things around WRT physical media. I’m thrilled by this news, and intend to get all of them. Hopefully the other Marvel/Star Wars follow next year, and I’ll get those too.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Disney is turning things around WRT physical media.
They are and they aren't, simultaneously. Theater Camp from Searchlight was also announced today and won't have a physical media release at all. It will only be offered at digital retailers, as has been a pattern recently with some of their titles. Although the news about the Disney+ shows should be greeted with enthusiasm, I don't think it signals new commitment to physical media across the board.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
They are and they aren't, simultaneously. Theater Camp from Searchlight was also announced today and won't have a physical media release at all. It will only be offered at digital retailers, as has been a pattern recently with some of their titles. Although the news about the Disney+ shows should be greeted with enthusiasm, I don't think it signals new commitment to physical media across the board.
Yes, but throw in the news about Prey, and the soon-to-be-announced The Abyss and True Lies, and it’s very positive for physical media. They’ve turned a corner, and it goes back to Iger’s comments earlier this year that Disney wanted to use physical media more going forward. It’s true they are focusing on big titles with big fan bases, but until very recently, they weren’t even doing that.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
It is a way to monetize some of their exclusive to streaming titles, since both Hulu and Disney+ are still operating in the red.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
And given streaming volatility, Does Disney may be looking to Dump Hulu as part of its cost cutting. I’ve also seen writings suggesting they would get rid of ESPN if the price was right

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
And given streaming volatility, Does Disney may be looking to Dump Hulu as part of its cost cutting. I’ve also seen writings suggesting they would get rid of ESPN if the price was right
No, Iger has said that Hulu would get merged with D+ by the end of the year.

The spin-off or bringing a financing partner in on ESPN+ is more rumor than anything else, since I have not seen any articles in major media news sites about it. The only article I could find was on clickbait site Inside the Magic.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
And given streaming volatility, Does Disney may be looking to Dump Hulu as part of its cost cutting.
I could see them merging it with D+, but not selling it off. I just don't think there are any potential buyers out there.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I could see them merging it with D+, but not selling it off. I just don't think there are any potential buyers out there.
Yeah, they're already moving in that direction. The ad-free versions of Disney+ is going up to $13.99/month while ad-free Hulu is going up to $17.99/month. But starting in September you'll be able to get an ad-free bundle for $19.99/month. At some point, the individual services will go away and they'll hope enough people are acclimated to paying the higher price for the bundle that they won't care when the separate branding goes away.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Obviously, the jury is still out, but I was thinking about how this could be a game changer for streaming shows coming to physical media. If these are successful, it opens the doors to things like Stranger Things resuming on blu-ray/4k, Amazon's Rings of Power, The Man In the High Castle, and so on.

Preorders go up on Monday. I plan to place them right away.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Obviously, the jury is still out, but I was thinking about how this could be a game changer for streaming shows coming to physical media. If these are successful, it opens the doors to things like Stranger Things resuming on blu-ray/4k, Amazon's Rings of Power, The Man In the High Castle, and so on.

Preorders go up on Monday. I plan to place them right away.
I plan to seek out the pre-order links here at HTF and *then* order them right away. ;)

Baenwort

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Cee
I think it signals a commitment to not leaving money on the table.
And I've wanted to give them my money and not the gray sea disk pirates.

I'm glad they have seen some of us can't give them money for streaming and they need to sell us disks or someone else will.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The pre-orders are up. It looks like the two Marvel titles are retailing for $45.99 on Blu-ray and $49.99 on UHD.

This is what I was afraid of when they were announced. I want to support the idea that Disney can make money by putting out their Disney+ originals on disc, but that is a very expensive price point.

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Disney Movie Club is selling the UHD steelbooks for $45. I don’t think Disney is terribly out of line here. Paramount sold the first season on Star Trek: Strange New Worlds on 4k steelbook for $60 earlier this year. That’s 10 episodes, where Mando is 8, etc., but the idea is the same.

The Amazon prices will almost certainly come down.

MattBradley

Second Unit
Real Name
Matt Bradley
As of this moment, Amazon still has not listed WandaVision but the others are on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks