What's new

Press Release BVHE Press Release: WandaVision, Loki and The Mandalorian (4K/UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
It’s a premium show on a premium format in a niche market. I remember the days when a similar length HBO season would be priced over $100 on DVD. A retail price of $50 seems reasonable to me.

This is the uphill battle that studios face in trying to succeed with physical media in today’s environment. The number of people who say they want a company to release a certain disc always winds up being higher than the number of people who actually buy it. For physical media to survive as a niche product, it will cost more than discs used to when they were a mainstream product. The majority of public is no longer subsidizing the purchases of the minority. It’s like this with vinyl: you can stream a new album as part of your existing music subscription for free, you can spend $10 for a digital download or a CD, or you can spend $30 for the vinyl LP. The option is there for people who want it but at a cost that reflects the reality of what it takes to produce a high quality, low demand item.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
FWIW, I agree with Josh. I’m fine with the prices, which I feel are realistic given where we are with the state of physical media. Many of us asked for these for years, so I’m glad the company has seen the light and is putting them out. Plus, they appear to be going the extra mile, with the Marvel Assembled and Disney Gallery shows.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hey, folks, has there been any hints when Disney will release the next batch of Disney+ shows on 4k/blu-ray? I'm anxious to see more of them released.

The first announcement was made in mid-August, almost six months ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks