What's new

Nick Rewind Collection (1 Viewer)

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone remember the Nickelodeon show FIFTEEN? It was a Canadian soap opera that they aired in the early 90s(and for the second season, moved to Florida and made it there).

I had almost forgotten it, but Chuck Klosterman talks about it in one of his books. Plus, two of the stars have gone on to bigger things. Ryan Reynolds (Van Wilder) and I forgot her name but she was on the second season of 24.

Anyway, this one may be interesting to see again. It was so depressing and downbeat, I don't know how it would sell.

And add another who would like to see YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION.

StoshS

Agent
1. (Original) All That
2. Kennan & Kel
3. Alex Mack
4. (that show witht he alien kid, i think its called) Alan Strange
5. Global Guts
6. Are you afraid of the dark?
7. Animorphs
8. Double Dare
9. Any Nick Game Shows.

YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION is also on my wishlist, even though I collected all the existing episodes by tape-trading over the last 5 years. I want them officially released to DVD and I'll buy every one of them.

Hey Dude is another one I highly anticipate. Salute Your Shorts- yet another one.

John*P

Second Unit

Yes. I never really watched it, but my sister always did. I remember the theme song, and that the kids would hang out at this resturant that had a Rampage arcade game in the background. :-P

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I heard a rumor from a realiable source, that All That will not be returning next season.

I don't know how this effects the statous of an All That season set DVD, but just thought you should know.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Hot off the presses. Big news. It is rumored from Nickdisk that the next shows to be released as part of this collection, somtime in 2006 are the following:

All That
Kenan And Kel
Figure It Out

Figure It Out is the one that surprise me the most, since daily game shows are not normally released on DVD. If this true, I am picking up All That, Kenan And Kel day of release. I hope All That includes all of the musical guests. And the Kenan and Kel show has the rare pilot episode. (Kenan buys a stolen car)

Kevin/M

Agent
The Show that Needs to be in the Nick Rewind Collection the Most is Rocko's Modern Life, which goes without saying. There's no music rights to lcear, it's popular, and it's funny, But PAramount apparently hates RML with a passion rivaling that of Disney for Song of the South

John*P

Second Unit
I would buy All That, Kenan & Kel and definitely Figure it Out. FIO was a huge favorite of mine in the late 90s; I would watch that show every night, even sitting through the same episodes multiple times. I always thought that show was fun to watch, not to mention the fact that hostess Summer Sanders is a total babe! :b

I find it interesting that Nickelodeon may be releasing game shows on DVD. I would definitely buy Double Dare and Finders Keepers. (perhaps the most fun game shows ever for kids to appear on?)

Steve_Z: Do you have it on pretty good authority that these shows are being released? I'm pretty excited about all three of these shows possibly coming to DVD, especially Figure it Out, since I wasn't expecting that one to hit DVD. (although, if it is a lame single-disc release, I may not be interested. it doesn't matter if we're talking game shows or sitcoms, I want SEASONS!)

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunitely nothing is offical. But the people at Nickdisk have been mostly accurately on their Nickelodeon rumors.

We will see. If they release All That, I hope they have all of the original music. And if they release Kenan and Kel, I hope they have the rarely seen pilot episode. (Kenan buys a stolen car)

Johnny S

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
Out of those three I might get Kennan & Kel.

The shows I wan't the most are animated: CatDog, Doug, Rocko's Modern Life, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold & Rugrats.
I would buy all of them in a heartbeat.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The only one of those three I'd definitely get is Kenan and Kel. The other two, maybe.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Little off topic, but if you a fan of "You Can't Do That On Television", tune into FOX tongiht at 9 pm et., they will reair an episode of Family Guy which features a spoof of the show.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
http://news.nickdisk.co.uk/

I got some news, it has nothing to do with the Rewind Collection, and only effects our friends in England. Season 1 of the Fairly Oddparents and Spongebob Squerepaints will be released on DVD in the UK.

Tim_Prasuhn

Stunt Coordinator
I really want Rocko's Modern Life. Good, wacky humor, and as far as I can remember, it didn't get stale in the later part of its run. Fresh until the end.

AHH! Real Monsters would also be fun to own.

Ok, I just wanted to say that the rumor about Kenan & Kel, All That, and Figure It Out most likely is NOT true. I posted about it at the You Can't Do That On Television forum on the website. Here's what Josh Yawn had to say (someone who has close friends at Nickelodeon):

"There's no way they're releasing season sets of a game show. None of those are the shows *I* heard are next from someone directly at Nick. :-D"

He wasn't able to say which shows are going to be announced next, but remember he DID say that YCDTOTV, Hey Dude, and Salute Your Shorts are all being looked at for release.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Here is my update on the rumor. It seems the person that started this rumor on the Nickdisk board said All That, and the Kenan and Kel show and another show will be released on DVD. Somebody else said Figure It Out was the third show.

I have heard from a lot of people Kenan and Kel will be released on DVD sometime in 2006. Kenan and Kel has been grouped into other Nick rewind rumors. An example is someone on Nickdisk said it would be released with Hey Dude and Salute Your Shorts.

I was on the YCDTOTV forum, and he said All That was on the list also.

It will happen edventurally. Maybe the shows Josh Yawn said will be released on DVD also, but Kenan and Kel is coming someday. Hopefully sooner than later. It makes to much sense for it not to happen. It was one of their highest rated shows in the late 90's, and reruns of the show got good ratings in the early 00's. Add to that Kenan Thompson went on to post Nickeldeon success.

I don't know about you guys, but I am disappointed that no new shows were added to the Nick Rewind collection 2nd wave of release on November 1st, 2005. Do we have to wait for them to release the entire Clarissa, Pete and Pete series for another show to be added? Come on Nick, you guys are killing me, release another show.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
Little off topic, I am not a person that believes conspiracy , but what a coincidence Kenan And Kel was taking off Nickelodeon, around the time Drake and Josh debuted.

Well, I think when season 2 of Pete & Pete is dropped in November, we'll already have the whole series. There was only two seasons of that show, right? So we'll have that one out the way already. I don't think we have to wait for all of Clarissa to be released before new shows are added to the collection. I bet the next wave will bring us new titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks