What's new

Looking for a new TV (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I am looking to buy a new TV, budget is about $1500 - $2500. Has to be widescreen and HD capable. I have never bought a rear projection TV so I could use some insight. My living room in on the small side (I sit about 7 feet from the TV) so I am a bit concerned that the picture might seem "grainy".

David Preston

Supporting Actor
I have the Hitachi 57"uwx. I sit about 8 to 10 feet away. Picture is good but I really need a hd receiver to get best picture. I like the hitachi brand tv.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Try taking a look at something in the low-to-mid-40" range. If you need decent PQ for regular TV viewing and can't/won't be getting HD broadcasts for that, then you might be better off w/ a >=30" direct-view.

Not sure why it has to be widescreen since you didn't explain. Do you plan to move in the forseeable future, eg. w/in 2-3 years? If so, you might consider spending less now and waiting til you move to get something better and bigger. It all depends on what your situation really is and what you must have now.

And then, in the end, PQ and "right size" are subjective and depends on you. Go do some shopping and see what works and what doesn't for you.

_Man_

JimC_A

Stunt Coordinator
I like my Toshiba 50H82. I have zero complaints with picutre quality for dvd's and hdtv. I only have HD HBO via a digital TimeWarner connection. If you aren't going to change houses soon, I'd get the 50". If you plan on moving, like we are in three or four months, check out the 57H82. I wish I had the 57" or 65", since I'll be sitting further away when we move. Maybe I can give the 50" to the boys for their gameroom and I can get a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks