What's new

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (1 Viewer)

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
The likeness to Sir Alec is astoundingly good. I do hope they do a young version eventually as well.

No answers for you, Tim. I'm on the Legos and that's it. Though Sidious' saber has a indefinable draw on me.

Take care,

Chuck

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Wow, that is a damn nice Obi-Wan sculpt. Any idea if they'll ever do a Maul release? The spiney-headed-one is just begging for a kickass release.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Tim,
I was "Koo-Koo for Dooku puffs" a couple of years back.
:)
I would think that the clear shelving some of the others are using would work. I wish I had a better answer for ya.
Mini-Rock has some cool shelving, but he hasn't made an appearnce in this thread for some time.
I'll post if I find out anything.
Mark

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Any word on how I can get a full Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper uniform? Not the cheap versions either. I want a movie one or better.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Mark. :)
Another question.
I've got a small collection of the SW ships. Slave 1, Luke ESB X-wing (w/R2-D2), Obi Wan's Starfighter, 02, ARC-170 etc...but these are all the Hasbro versions.
I've just recently learned the feverish excitement of the LEGOS version of these. I've never purchased a LEGO thing in my life. A friend gave me a very small (maybe 25 pieces) ship 2 years ago.
What's the reason (s) for the price so high and someone explain the lure of LEGOS? I'm thinking part of it is the actual patience and craftmanship to build it yourself etc...
Do these look good when finished? The ones on the box covers always look so jaggedy compared to the smooth shaped Hasbro ones. This is one of the reasons I always go for the Hasbro.
The $$ these hard to find Lego ships are fetching, this is certainly a high end habit. :b
Someone bring me up to speed on all this.
Thanks. :) :) :)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
For one thing, they're fun to build. I grew up with Legos, and it's hard to shake the fix. The fact that I could build anything I wanted is what really drew me in as a kid. I could not only play with the toy, but make a pretty damn convincing one. Now, it's a little different. I enjoy building it, and I like the result when I'm finished.
Yes, Legos are expensive, but for me, they're totally worth it. Since you haven't done much, I'd try out a cheap ship/car/etc (~30 for something reletively inexpensive). If you don't like it, no biggie.
Oh, and for the mother of all Star Wars Lego, or Lego period...check out this from my collection:
http://www.mattwstone.com/images/starwars/nnsw14.jpg

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
That is so cool Matt. :emoji_thumbsup: Star Destroyer, right? I should know that.
BTW, I posted this in the main SAGA thread, and I singled you, Greg, and Chuck out...I bought my first LEGO thing tonight at WMart. Got the Lego ARC-170. Only 38.99. Not bad.
Hope it's fun and all that. I can put it beside my Hasbro one now.
Hope this is not the beginning of yet another obsession. :D

Tom J. Davis

Second Unit
I didn't care much for the new lego's until my son got interested in building them. I'm fairly excited about all of them now and am thinking about trying to find some of the older ones on ebay.
Just what I need, another Star Wars habit to take my money. :)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
:b :) :b
Been wanting to do this for a month or so and the fever hit hard late last night. This morning I decided to pull the plug and go upscale a bit on my collection. I really LOVE lightsabers so I....
Ordered:
Anakin's FX Force Lighstaber-Episode III from Master Replicas. Target.com has this in stock somehow unlike everyone else.
Darth Vader's Ep. V FX Force Lightsaber etc...Target.com
Darth Maul's .45 Scaled Saber Ep. 1
Mace Windu's .45 Scaled Saber Ep. II
All of this from Target.com using a 10% off coupon.
And from BigTimeComics I got...
Luke Skywalker's Empire Strikes Back FX Force Lightsaber
Count Dooku .45 scaled from AOTC
Obi Wan's .45 scaled from AOTC
Obi Wan's Convention Exclusive .45 scaled
:b :emoji_thumbsup: :) :b

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I think the Lego ARC-170 looks stunning when completed. I was a little unsure about the rough look of Lego before I bought a set, but I love looking at this thing now. Also, not so much for this set, but the stylized Lego people have a certain appeal. They are comical, zany and adorable. Again, that doesn't hold as much with clone pilots, but they do look rather cool in their individual cockpits.

I'm actually not so sure about the Hasbro ARC-170 at this point. I don't like the screw holes and the sterile look about it. I have the sound effect x-wing from a few years ago, and that thing looks pretty weathered. I wish they'd done something like that with the ARC. I may hold out for an improved rerelease somewhere down the line. Tim, if you tell me it looks good in person to you, I'll go ahead and pick it up soon.

Sorry, I know this isn't high-end stuff.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, I took the plunge and pre-ordered one of the Sideshow Exclusive Vader statues from an authorized retailer last night. I got it for a pretty decent price, but it's going to be a LOOOOOOONG wait until September. Does anyone else here have one on order?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Brent,
YEOP.
At least the Gentle Giant studios Vader is supposed to ship this month. I sure hope it ships soon!
Is the SS Vader really going to take until September? Wow, I was hoping we'd see it earlier in the third quarter of the year.
Oh well. Time will fly. Heck, it seems like only yesturday we were all huddled around our computers to get the first look at the first ROTS trailer.
:)
-mw

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Brent did you get the 'exclusive' Vader(comes with that little extra droid)? I was under the impression that you could only get those direct from Sideshow(hence the term exclusive)
But at any rate, yep! Damn right I gots my Vader! :D

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Chazz and Mark,
I did get the Exclusive Vader with the Mouse Droid(limited to 2000) from an authorized Sideshow dealer and the expected ship date is September according to him. I have the Gentle Giant Vader on order as well and I'm hoping I'll get word sometime soon that it's about to ship. I've had it pre-ordered since March and after seeing it in person at Celebration III, I can't wait to actually have it in my hands. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Added to my lightsaber craze this evening. Trekked over to Mesquite's Best Buy and picked up the .45 Scaled RoTS sabers for Darth Sidious and Obi Wan. The Sidious one is the BB Exclusive. The Obi Wan isn't available anywhere else.
The others I posted about did ship today but this is my first one in my actual hands.
Good Lord they are VERY VERY SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
Knew it would be small but not the size of a pencil. Still, detailed and looks expensive and authentic.
But it is SMALL. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I've only seen the .45s online, and the guy had it next to a Sharpie. It was smaller. I'm not sure if I want one or not. The Sidious does look nice. I may just hope there is an eventual Sidious Force FX.

Thanks for the ARC link. The ARC is my favorite ship in a long, long time. Only the Republic Gunship comes close. I still wish the toy version was a litte more battle-worn, but I may have to get it anyway.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Tim,
Glad you found the Sidious .45 saber and sorry I got rid of mine before you had a chance to buy it. I probably could've saved you a couple of bucks. ;)
Dome,
I don't think those new Unleashed figures are out yet. I have the original Vader Unleashed and I'll probably pick the new one up when it comes out. I think they'll be available in June or July, but don't hold me to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks