What's new

USHE Press Release: Back To The Future Trilogy (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
In your opinion would 'Back to the Furture' be as iconic, and memorable if Eric Stoltz kept his role in the film?

No way of knowing, but I don't think so. It is one of those magic films in which an actor makes it great. Michael J Fox was that magic.

Agreed. Stoltz was replaced if I am correct because he lacked charisma and comic flair

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The only downside is that Eric Stoltz was a better match in physical appearance as the son of Crispin Glover, and Lea Thompson. So in that respect the casting was very good.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I confess that I simply cannot picture in my mind Eric Stolz doing Chuck Berry's duck-walk.
This just made me re-evaluate my previous post. :laugh: There is a reason that Zemeckis, Gale and Spielberg were able to convince Universal to recast and reshoot a decent chunk of the movie so maybe it wasn't working with Stoltz in the role.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Eric Stoltz issue is discussed at length in We Don't Need Roads, Caseen Gaines' excellent book about the making of the trilogy. He does a much better job explaining it than I could and had interviews with everyone involved in that situation except Stoltz. I would highly recommend the book for anybody interested.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
The Eric Stoltz issue is discussed at length in We Don't Need Roads, Caseen Gaines' excellent book about the making of the trilogy. He does a much better job explaining it than I could and had interviews with everyone involved in that situation except Stoltz. I would highly recommend the book for anybody interested.
I didn't know about this. Thanks.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
We Don't Need Roads.jpeg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Coincidentally, I finally watched the 4K "BTTF" set last week.

Uni sent me a review copy of the 35th anniversary Blu-rays but I bought the 4Ks on a 2020 Black Friday special.

Didn't get around to viewing until now - wanted some time between screenings.

Still really enjoy the movies - and managed to fit in all 3 on the same day!

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I never tire of seeing these 4 doing little gigs together. My wife and I just watched the 4K discs all in one evening last month and it’s seriously my favorite movie trilogy of all time. (Sorry Star Wars and Lord of the Rings)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
(Sorry Star Wars and Lord of the Rings)
I get what you're saying. I don't think those really count as trilogies anymore because those franchises have expanded with other films. I respect that Zemeckis and Gale have maintained the trilogy as-is instead of going back for a potentially watered-down fourth installment. Even though people ask for more, I like that it has an ending.

I think my favorite trilogies of all time that have stayed trilogies are probably a tie between Back to the Future and the Before Trilogy. It's funny because both of them are fundamentally about time, but you couldn't get two more different sets of films. I definitely rewatch Back to the Future more than Before though.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
I'll take Ray's Apu trilogy, Pagnol's Marseilles trilogy, and yes, the Before trilogy any time over any other. And that's off the cuff.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I'd agree with the Apu and Before trilogies.

In terms of other SF/F trilogies, I'd say that my favorite is the Mad Max trilogy (Fury Road to me, feels like a separate thing altogether). It's a complete character arc: in the first film, Max loses his humanity; in the second, he regains his humanity; in the third, he becomes a messiah figure.

And, of course, there's also Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Still, Back to the Future is up there as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks