What's new

The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread. (1 Viewer)

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
Yeah, I agree that they are a little small, but I know that these will be awesome in person anyway. I think my fave is probably the ESB. I can't wait to see them do the PT posters. :D

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
I received my Master Replicas Rebel Trooper Blaster yesterday. It's pretty cool having a replica of the very fist weapon shown in a Star Wars movie. I put some pics up on my page in my "Star Wars Main Page" for anyone that is interested. :)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Chazz-
Vader is MUCH improved. The mask itself seems spot on.
I could stand a bit less flair in the dome (Is this Vader or the flying nun?), but it could just be the photos.
If I am being critical (Who? Me?) ;) , I'd also have to say that the arm still looks a bit like a deflated tube with no sense of the arm or elbow joint (mechanical or otherwise) underneath it. But that is something I can correct on my own.

Chazz_S

Supporting Actor
Wow if you think it's nearly spot on then that's really great- I didn't know what exactly they changed when I saw it, but I all I know is that it looks a lot better!

I was there when they put this on webcam and they said this was 'pending approval'--- not sure precisely what this means as to whether they are still tinkering.... the electronics were not working on this prototype yet either

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
New link to more detailed photos of the Gentle Giant Studios Darth Vader:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...&box=&shownew=
As for pose, this is still my favorite Vader, at his most iconic (I am sure this is meant to suggest the moment Vader is tempting Luke to join him...right before he makes that fist.) And, as opposed to the first Vader mini-bust, this one does have a better mask for accuracy.
I still think you made the right choice, Louie!
:)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've had that Gentle Giant Vader on order for over a month now and when I saw it at C3 this weekend(which is where that linked picture was taken) I knew I made the right choice. I also like the upcoming Sideshow Vader a lot too, however, and I may have to spring for it as well. I'm a Vader addict too, Mark. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Brent,
Here is a new link to the SideShowToy Vader:
I wish I had gone to C3, but the trade off is that my boss is totally understanding about the fact that I wouldn't be at work for seven days starting on May 18th.
He understands my addiction and enables it.
Back to the SideShow Toy Vader, it does look better and better! I only wish they would've also shown the little exclusive Death Star Mouse Droid.
Also, Brent, I don't know why the non-exclusive version (the one that doesn't come with the mouse droid), still itsn't up for pre-order at other retailers.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Somehow I missed the Sideshow Vader while I was at C3. I think I was suffering from a full case of "information overload" at that point and I just completely went past it. I saw the Gentle Giant, the new Kotobukiya, the MR helmet and just about everything else, but I didn't see the Sideshow. The pictures are enough to convince me that I need it, though. :emoji_thumbsup:
Mark,
I didn't even know there was going to be a Sideshow Vader that comes without the mouse droid. Will it be just like the one that's limited to 2000 pieces?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
For those of you looking for recent photos of Master Replicas lightsabers, check out this link:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...ategoryid=3600
Brent, the Darth Vader with the mouse droid was an exclusive for StarWarsShop.com and SideShotToy.com It was one of the 2,000 from what I understand. I have no idea what the edition size is on the version that doesn't come with the mouse driod. The only funny thing is, they have only thus far shown Vader and a prototype photo of the mouse droid over at SideShow.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I resorted to eBay and picked up the Code 3 sculpted Celebration 3 exclusive ESB poster last night. Looks pretty sweet, though I'm sure I over-paid. Can't wait till it arrives! :)

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Matt,
That exclusive is my favorite of all of them.
I gotta wonder...when Lucas redoes these films in 3-D, do you think he's going to want the posters in 3-D?
-mw

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I've tried bidding on a couple of those Code 3 posters, but I've been outbid every time. I'm hoping they'll cool off a little in the coming weeks and I'll be able to pick one up at a decent price. With a run of only 1980 pieces, though, that may not happen. Just curious Matt, what did you have to pay for yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks