The Star Wars Prop Replica and High-End Collectibles Collecting Thread.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by STARKILLER1138, Feb 26, 2005.

1. STARKILLER1138

STARKILLER1138 Second Unit

6 month update! How time flys!!! LOL!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/user/lil%27+louie

The other one that still maintains all the distortions and flaws except
    in the paint job, which is being called the "idealized" version, which can be seen here:
    [​IMG]

Note: eFx is clarifying that the billet sensor on Vader's right side will be blacked as seen in the film
    and the billets on the prototype were put there in haste, on loan, for Comic Con knowing they were both
    temporary and inaccurate.

Retail will be $899 and I imagine that is for the "idealized" one, which will be mass produced, but in limited quantities,
    with the hand painted that that reveals flaws surely to have a smaller edition size and cost more since
    it will be for the mega Vader Nerd who actually wants will pay more for one with more flaws applied by hand.

Here are more pictures to drool over:

FILM ACCURATE VERSION:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IDEALIZED VERSION:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aside from the Master Replica's RoTS helmet,
    this is the closest a commercial version of any Vader helmet has ever been.
    Even the incredibly anal types over at the Replica Prop Forum have been reduced
    to arguing amongst themselves as to which details are correct and incorrect, which leads me to believe it it so
    close as to be pointless to debating for anyone that does not own an electron microscope.

MY DILEMMA is whether to buy the "flaws and all" version or the "idealized" version
    since I just paid a pretty penny for a ANH helmet that does have the brushed on paint job just like in the film.

I guess I will wait and see how it looks to compare.

I imagine this one from eFx will sell out quickly.

I am hearing rumors that they plan to take pre-orders before the end of 2010.

3. Audioman321

Audioman321 Stunt Coordinator

thanks for sharing,great!

4. STARKILLER1138

Thank you Mark. Some things had changed in the last year, and figured it was time to post up! Have a couple more additions though since the last update, and will get them up soon.

As for the Vader helmet, man, that's kinda a tough one Mark! I think, in the end, I'd go for the "Idealized" version. Unblemished as much as possible. But, damn, that is a tough one!

5. cortosis

cortosis Auditioning

Hello Lil Louie aka mini-rock/agent-rock and other nicknames, are the members here trusting you the same way members from other forums did? Maybe admins, mods and other members here should read who you really are:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2390161&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1&vc=1

http://www.banthaskull.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2893

http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=12512.0

http://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9546

6. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Cinematographer
    Supporter

As an update, the eFX Darth Vader: STAR WARS: EPISODE IV: A NEW HOPE (Legend Edition, 250 in the total edition) sold out this (WED 4/20/2011) morning in 4 minutes!
    I was lucky enough to get one.
    [​IMG]

Here are the details:

- MSRP: $999 (PLUS SHIPPING/HANDLING AND APPLICABLE SALES TAX
    - EDITION SIZE LIMITED TO 250 PIECES WORLDWIDE
    - EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE ONLY
    - CONSTRUCTED IN FIBERGLASS, ALUMINUM AND PLASTIC
    - MASTER PATTERN CAST FROM RICK BAKER'S MOLDS OF AN ORIGINAL ANH HELMET
    - ASYMMETRIC GEOMETRY
    - SCREEN ACCURATE TWO-TONED BLACK AND GUNMETAL PAINT SCHEME ON FACE MASK
    - MACHINED ALUMINUM TUSKS AND METAL MOUTH/CHIN GRILLS
    - ACCURATE LENSES
    - FULLY LINED FACE MASK WITH ADJUSTABLE STRAPS
    - FULL SIZE eFX DISPLAY BASE (ACRYLIC COVER NOT INCLUDED)
    - NUMBERED METAL PLAQUE
    - CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY/PROP STORY

The original iconic Darth Vader helmet, as seen in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, was sculpted by Brian Muir based on the concept sketches by beloved illustrator Ralph McQuarrie. Even though there were 3 known castings made from the mold made from Muir's sculpt, only 1 helmet was used in the entire filming of A New Hope.
    Our master pattern was cast from vintage molds in the Lucasfilm archives which are believed to have been made by none other than Rick Baker from the screen used Vader helmet back in 1977. What makes this a very special product is that the master pattern is NOT made from a digital scan, it is an actual, original casting. This means that this replica helmet will have direct lineage to the original and be as true to the actual filming prop as you can possibly get!
    This helmet has the asymmetric geometry that many feel capture the true evil essence of Darth Vader. The face mask will have the screen accurate brushed on two-toned black and gunmetal paint scheme. The dents and scratches that were in the original mold have NOT been filled in or removed, thus remaining faithful to the original filming prop.
    With this officially licensed Darth Vader Helmet, you will feel the seductive power of the darkside! This helmet will arguably be the most important piece of any Star Wars collection.

The "idealized" (aka "Limited Edition") version goes on sale, Friday, April 22nd, at 9:00AM PST.
    The Limited Edition (1000 copies) details:
    [​IMG]

- MSRP: $799 (PLUS SHIPPING/HANDLING AND APPLICABLE SALES TAX
    - EDITION SIZE DETERMINED BY THE PRE-ORDER
    - AVAILABLE ON OUR WEBSITE AND OUR NETWORK OF AUTHORIZED RETAILERS AND INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTORS
    - CONSTRUCTED IN FIBERGLASS, ALUMINUM AND PLASTIC
    - MASTER PATTERN CAST FROM RICK BAKER'S MOLDS OF AN ORIGINAL ANH HELMET
    - ASYMMETRIC GEOMETRY
    - SCREEN ACCURATE TWO-TONED BLACK AND GUNMETAL PAINT SCHEME ON FACE MASK
    - MACHINED ALUMINUM TUSKS AND METAL MOUTH/CHIN GRILLS
    - ACCURATE LENSES
    - FULLY LINED FACE MASK WITH ADJUSTABLE STRAPS
    - FULL SIZE eFX DISPLAY BASE (ACRYLIC COVER NOT INCLUDED)
    - NUMBERED METAL PLAQUE
    - CERTIFICATE OF AUTHENTICITY/PROP STORY

The original iconic Darth Vader helmet, as seen in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope, was sculpted by Brian Muir based on the concept sketches by beloved illustrator Ralph McQuarrie. Even though there were 3 known castings made from the mold made from Muir's sculpt, only 1 helmet was used in the entire filming of A New Hope.
    Our master pattern was cast from vintage molds in the Lucasfilm archives which are believed to have been made by none other than Rick Baker from the screen used Vader helmet back in 1977. What makes this a very special product is that the master pattern is NOT made from a digital scan, it is an actual, original casting. This means that this replica helmet will have direct lineage to the original and be as true to the actual filming prop as you can possibly get!
    This helmet has the asymmetric geometry that many feel capture the true evil essence of Darth Vader. The face mask will have the screen accurate two-toned black and gunmetal sprayed (as opposed to the brushed on Legend Edition) paint scheme. The dents and scratches that were in the original mold have been filled in or removed, giving the helmet a more pristine appearance but still remaining faithful to the original filming prop.
    With this officially licensed Darth Vader Helmet, you will feel the seductive power of the darkside! This helmet will arguably be the most important piece of any Star Wars collection.

Here is the link to more information and to order (good luck!) http://www.efxcollectibles.com/Default.aspx?

eFX was founded by the same great folks that were at Master Replicas who made the Darth Vader ROTS helmet.

Here is to hoping they also to the Darth Vader EP V and EP VI Vader helmets...with EP VI being the reveal version.

7. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Reviving this thread to ask if anyone has any of the Gentle Giant jumbo Kenner figures?

8. STARKILLER1138

Damn, sorry Travis. Wish I could help ya bud.

9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

No sweat. I saw one at a comic store a little ways back and I was just amazed by how great they look. No doubt I can find some pics online. And there's always eBay to pick some of them up.

10. STARKILLER1138

I agree. They are cool looking. Now, if only I had more room, LOL! Happy to see this thread come back up tho.

11. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    This isn't high end per se but I was able to snag one of the Gentle Giant Boba Fett busts that were a limited edition San Diego Comic Con exclusive via a fellow HTFer, thanks Justin!
    [​IMG]
    Boba Fett stands guard over Marble by Kadath, on Flickr