What's new

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1 Viewer)

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
This is from memory, so it might not be right, but:

Tuco Santiago Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez. I've seen the movie more than enough times to memorise it... though possibly incorrectly. Also known as The Rat.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Shouldn't it be "el Raton"?
Always cracks me up when I see one of the Hewlett-Packard computer mouse boxes. It's labeled in many languages, but prominently says "el Raton" on the side..... :D

Mary M S

Screenwriter
If you love TGTBaTU, Be sure and check out “Once Upon a Time in The West”, (if this one is an unfound for you). The GBU is my favorite Eastwood, OUaTITW is my favorite Bronson. Robards as Cheyenne is (on a 2nd/3rd viewing a standout roll as is Tuco in GBU. Fonda put more menace into his portrayal as an amoral killer than I thought him capable of exuding. Never saw Fonda more steely eyed or cold hearted, but then that’s Leone working his magic. The movie had me from the moment the Cicada’s fell quiet. And…. That….. Harmonica!

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You almost nailed it Mark, it's

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez AKA The Rat.

You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Once Upon a Time in the West should be coming out soon on dvd [I hope].

Christopher P

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the Ebert link. I always enjoy his "Great Movies" reviews. I don't remember when I first saw this movie, but have always loved it. As Ebert says, for a movie with a fairly simple plot, there is so much in this film. All gradually building up to my all-time favorite movie climax.

When I was in stir (I love starting out stories like that) there were 20 or so of us who shared a TV. Seldom did alot of people agree on what to watch, and most of the time you just watched whatever was on because there wasn't much else to do. But this movie was on one time, and the TV room was packed, and everyone in there was there because they wanted to watch the film, not because of boredom. People knew lines by heart, what scene was coming up next, it was awesome. And I'm talking people of different backgrounds, races, ages, etc...seems to me that would be the mark of a great film.

Chris

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Best western ever.
frenchgbu.jpg

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
"But if you miss, you had better miss very well..."
This line always got a laugh out of me. How do you miss "very well"? :D
One of the best films, regardless of genre, IMO.
And one that I was able to show to two women (one who is now my girlfriend) and they both loved it. That's a rare thing these days, women in their early twenties don't dig westerns all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks