What's new

Directors The Ever-Changing Pointless Just For Fun Tournament (1 Viewer)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Well, what a wonderful round. We have learned many wondrous things. Such as: Natural Born Killers makes the ultimate frisbee, George likes The Apartment possibly a little too much, Mike and myself went through a bad boy phase, and one more thing I wanted to share that we left out. We threw the tacos at SteveGon while he was passed out, and he slept in them.:b Now with all that out of the way, let us move onward.

ROUND 1, BRACKET 5

The Criteria

Here's the set-up. For the fellas: Your wife or mother has just sent you to your local department store on that most dreaded of tasks: Picking up some feminine hygiene products. For the ladies: Your husband or father has sent you to buy some anti-itch cream. Which of the following two movies do you also purchase to try and mask your ultimate task?

Requiem for a Dream

or

Shallow Grave

*****************NOTE*********************

Again, it is not necessary to have seen both movies to vote this round, and use your own reasoning to determine which you would pick.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I don't want to risk making a permanent mental association between my mother's hygiene products and the ass to ass scene in RfaD, so I'll pick Shallow Grave.

Brad

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I already made the huge mistake of buying Requiem once. Never again. Shallow Grave, though I have no idea what it is.

I've never had a problem picking up feminine hygiene products for my girlfriend. Any reminder that she's NOT pregnant is okay with me!

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Well as it now stands, Requiem for a Dream seems to be the best movie for this situation, However, Shallow Grave is only a couple votes behind. So due to the lack of voting, I'm gonna let this one run on until tomorrow.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Well it seems as if addiction equals sanitary napkins as Requiem for a Dream manages to hold on and outlast Shallow Grave.

ROUND 1, BRACKET, 6

The Criteria

Which of the following two collective casts do you feel would be most likely to throw a giant end all bash that would include but not be limited to: beer bongs, orgies, animal sacrifice, interns, pin the tale on the donkey (with a live donkey of course because this is Hollywood), whips, handcuffs, 75 cans of that cheese in a can stuff, Scrabble, a yellow canary, gerbils (but only if Richard Gere isn't going to be there), spin the bottle, and the greatest of all party games, "lets switch underpants".

Up in Smoke

or

Monster’s Ball

Damn the random picks. It would have been cooler with some classics in there.:frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks