What's new

Is it ok to make a fictional movie about school violence? (1 Viewer)

Avery623

Auditioning
Real Name
Avery Hall
Where I got my inspiration is from Run Hide Fight from 2020 and Class of 1999 (starring Bradley Gregg) of 1990.

Before you make any smart remarks, let me explain this carefully and please view this from the autism spectrum - I'm autistic.

Even though my Blender-made movie contains explosions and shootings taking place within a school - not to mention some murdering of some characters, it's merely special effects, makeups, etc.

Although the year of this movie, Class of 1999, is somewhat ironic to Columbine Massacre, it's in absolutely no way related to Columbine. Even though there are explosions and shootings taking place within a school - not to mention some murdering of students via robotic teachers (you could see blood oozing out of one guy's mouth at one point), it's all actors and mere special effects makeups. These characters will be in no way - any way related to the murder victims.

Heck, YouTube is becoming a cesspool of convoluted rules and regulations when it comes to uploading anything related to Columbine; I have yet to find anything stating what we can and can't upload regarding an event like the Columbine Massacre. So to play it safe, this is where surveying my surroundings and utilizing the thesaurus will come into play in naming my school setting. Even r/filmmakers revealed their poor taste in autistic creativity by perma-banning me for "breaking the sub's rules" when I made this post. But they didn't note specifically which rule I broke. Only compounded when I asked them via mod mail in a calm and friendly manner "May I ask, what rule did I even break? All I need is info about a movie I plan to make and I even showed evidence on what I'm relating to. It's just the setting I need has to look like an odd-shaped fortress. And in Class of 1999 (Bradley Gregg), some students were killed within a school, but they're merely fictional characters." This was their reply: no message. In fact, a mute from talking to them for a whopping 28 days.

But this is where it gets complicated: the reason I need a school like Columbine High for part of the setting is because of the overall size and shape of the school. It's quite roomy inside, thereby allowing me to perform stunts that require alot of space to execute the stunt safely. Like super jumping to overhead pipes in the corridors, leaping off of the pipes, and somersaulting in mid air. If you watch Class of 1999 (Bradley Gregg), then you can see they rode motorcycles in the school during the climax. But there's hardly any space for those hundreds of motorcycles to safely maneuver around the school's corridors and staircases. Plus, the Kennedy High School in the movie; even though it looks like a futuristic prison with prison fencing, barb wire, futuristic CCTV cameras, etc, it's exterior shape is a mere rectangle building, while Columbine High somewhat resembles a fortress or a small university campus. And I can't seem to find any other school that looks "fortress-style" than Columbine High that have not had any past or recent shootings.

But here's the good part: I'm going to use Thesaurus to rename the entire school. There must be another substitute word for "school" in the Thesaurus along with finding another thing to name the school after. In addition to that, I'll paint the exterior a different color and add futuristic cosmetics, furniture, appliances, etc to the exterior and interior.

Speaking of irony, Columbine High School got it's name from the Columbine Flower. Which is toxic to humans. So I can see why people loath this massacre more than 9/11.

P.S., the game Ready or Not has a mission named "Elephant". It involves saving Watt Community College from a bomb threat and a group of shooters. That game's mission is based off of the movie of the same name: Elephant (2003). Therefore, I'm well-aware that people will eventually figure out that my movie was somehow inspired by a school shooting and they might figure out it was somehow related or linked to Columbine. And that's how I learned about the existence of Run Hide Fight from 2020. VOID Interactive didn't even try to hide the fact they based their game's one mission off of a movie let alone a real life event.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks