What's new

Return of the King trailer? (1 Viewer)

Mikah Woodward

Stunt Coordinator
Working on it.

Edit: sorry, I just noticed that the file is just a little bit bigger than my host allows.

The best I can do is point you to a torrent. I haven't tested it myself, but it is the new trailer if the title of it is to be believed.

here

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I would say there are some major spoilers, but only for those familiar with the story
Well, if you're familiar with the books, are they really spoilers?? For non-readers, there's nothing on the level of the Gandalf reveal in the TTT trailers.

As for the music, my initial thought was it that it lacked something, but upon rewatching it a few times I agree that whatever piece they're using for the 2nd half really works.

Anyone recognize the music in the 2nd half of the trailer?

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
I dunno, the score sounds "Shore"ish to me, expecially at the part when Gandalf speaks "All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you". My opinion is this is an original Shore work for ROTK, unless it's from one of his previous scores.

8^B

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I work at a movie theater, and all I did yesterday was rip tickets and watch this trailer every time it came up.

Simply amazing.

I'm so happy I get to do the same thing again today.

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Thank you, Jeremy. Very nice. Whets my appetite really well.

Well, this one's quite a bit beefier than the one with the scrolling mandarin. Great stuff.

Adam Sanchez

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Adam
I got to say I love the music in the second half of the Trailer. I hope to God it's actually the movie's music.

That part with Gandalf Galloping and his staff shining that bright light. *Shiver*

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
No kidding. Finally got the 20mb version to load, and gave it a whirl. I had DL'ed the Mandarin, but didn't watch it. Dl'ed the AOL version, but too small for my first viewing.

But the 20mb version...good enough until the big show.

And just, wow. Some absolutely incredible shots, themes, and cues in there.

I'll give it a few more views for further consumption, but it's haunting and beautiful.

It's so exciting that it's less than 3 months away!

Take care,
Chuck

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I particularly love the bit where Gollum turns and smirks at Sam....what a terrific bit of computer acting! This trailer has me so wired to see this film...repeatedly!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks