What's new

Return of the King trailer? (1 Viewer)

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have any idea how I can transfer this .mov to an .avi, so I can burn it and watch it on the widescreen?

I've tried exporting with Quicktime Pro, but it says it can't do it, because the file cannot be saved (?).

I've used a couple of other programs to convert to .avi, but they won't do the audio. I've then tried to use VirtualDub to add the audio back in, but it doesn't do it for me...

...I saw the trailer at the theater over the weekend, and it just doesn't do it for me on the small monitor.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
I'm at a library computer right now, Lee, so I haven't tried it yet, but it's worked for me countless other times. Open up Quicktime, or go to the directory where Quicktime was installed and open and play the Sample movie. After it's done playing, open My Computer or Windows Explorer, go to the directory where the ROTK trailer is, but do NOT open it. Instead, click on the icon and drag it into the Quicktime window, and you should see flashing diagonal lines on the border. Drop the icon in. This should've unlocked the file, so now, go to Edit -> Copy. Open a new Quicktime window, and paste it. Save it as a file WITHOUT dependencies, so it will be the same size as the original, not 1k, or however small the other option will save the file as. Now you should be able to convert it into .avi.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Thomas! That did the trick... now I'm playing with the compression options to get the best quality I can to burn to disc... my first couple of tries, even with file sizes of 140+ MB's, looked horribly grainy on the 55" Mits; I wish New Line would put out a nice super giant-size that would look as good as the one I saw at the theater...

Kami

Screenwriter
Me too Lee...I am dying for that fullscreen version, but I guess this'll have to do.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
So... Kami, after the EE comes out next year, what will you post about? Will you relinquish your HTF membership? :D

--
H

Kami

Screenwriter
Holadem, I've asked that question myself many times. :crazy:

Thought there is speculation about The Hobbit movie to look forward to :D I got a few years left. ;)

EvanB

Stunt Coordinator
Any news on a fullscreen version of this puppy? Thanks a lot for the 26 meg version, I just want a 100 meg one!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks