What's new

Return of the King trailer? (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
TORN says it's attached to selected theaters showing SECONDHAND LIONS, not all theaters. I got hosed into watching RED DRAGON last year because TTT was supposed to have a trailer attached to it and it didn't. :angry:

DavidBL

Stunt Coordinator
TORN's "full trailer" has the following attributes:

-- very dark, I had to turn the contrast and brightness all the way up to get an idea of what I was seeing
-- partially obscured by chinese characters both horizontal (bottom) and vertical (right side)
-- incomplete-- only one minute long, looks like the first minute to be precise
-- doesn't appear to be the full 2.35:1 aspect ratio, more like 1.85:1

So, if you can't get it, you're not missing much considering an official release is just a few days away.

David

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Thanks for the tip, David. I've been trying to download the Chinese clip, but I guess I'll just wait till Monday to watch the trailer in its full QuickTime glory :D

Richard_D_Ramirez

Second Unit
I don't care about the quality, I want that 25mb trailer now! It will make me appreciate the official trailer much more! ;)

Anyone have a link besides the TORN one?

8^B

Kami

Screenwriter
Yeah so I called two of my local theaters and none of them have the ROTK trailer :frowning: Looks like it is monday for me.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just got back from the theater where I saw The Rundown, but prior to that starting I popped into the house showing Secondhand Lions in time to catch the RotK trailer.

It's a bit overwhelming on first view. So many incredible images popped onto the screen that I can't remember everything (I don't even recall seeing Shelob). I can say that everything looks and feels just right. It's EPIC. There's one scene where they pan on what looks like the entire Rohirrim army just before they charge that just dropped my jaw (no, this is not the same scene they showed on the DVD preview). Not to mention a shot of the ringwraiths over Minas Tirith.

Good news is - no real spoilers. There's a couple of images that those familiar with the books might consider spoilers (see the spoiler thread for details), but they come and go so fast that newbies won't be spoiled.

Can't wait to download this thing on Monday and watch it over and over and over... :D

Kami

Screenwriter
Wow, just wow...even in that crap quality I was mesmerized. Yes the music doesn't have the oompf of the TT trailer, but it fits perfectly IMO. Wnoderful speech by Aragorn to all those shots, and just small teases of the magnificent and breathtaking special effects shots.

The trailer just feels different too...ROTK is going to be on a completely different level than FOTR or TTT.

The official version is gonna be cool to see all the detail!

Brian W.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
I've tried and tried and can't get on. I wish somebody would mirror it (hint, hint).

JoeMKal

Stunt Coordinator
yeah I downloaded the chinese one too, it was the whole trailer though, pretty sweet, I wish they would have waited a bit longer to release it though, I hate waiting :frowning: , at least TTT EE is coming out soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks